A good beach tent is necessary if you want to enjoy your family beach day to its fullest. To have a pleasing and comfortable experience, you need to invest in a reliable beach tent. A good beach tent should provide you with privacy, a comfortable space to nap, and, most importantly, protection from the direct UV sun rays. The following list is the selection of the best beach tents and consists of various features.
- Coleman Gazebo, Shelter for Garden, Camping, and Beach
- OutdoorMaster Pop Up 3-4 Person Beach Tent X-Large
- WolfWise UPF 50+ Easy Pop Up 3-4 Person Beach Tent
- Neso Tents Grande Beach Tent
- Sport-Brella Umbrella – Portable Sun and Weather Shelter
- Easthills Outdoors Instant Shader Deluxe XL 4 Person Beach Tent
- G4Free Outdoor Instant Pop up Portable Cabana Beach Tent
- ZOMAKE Pop Up 2-4 Person, Beach Tent
- Pacific Breeze Easy Set Up Beach Tent Deluxe XL
- Coleman Beach Shade Shelter
Before you read the full review of each of the products, take a look at the following information which will help you in making your decision.
Quick Gear Recommendation
Below is a list of our favourite camping gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Festival Tents : Eurmax 10’x10′ Ez Pop-up Canopy Tent
- Best Tent For Motorcycle Camping : Eureka! Solitaire One-person Bivy Style Tent
- Best Tents For Camping With Dogs: The Original-authentic 6-person Cabin Tent
- Best 2 Person Tent Under 100: Wenzel Alpine 3 Person Tent
- Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents: Geertop Backpacking Tent
- Best Lightweight Camping Chair: Coleman Camping Chair
- Best Camping Percolator: Coletti Bozeman Coffee Percolator
- Best Camping Knife: Morakniv Companion Outdoor Knife
- Best Camping
Hatchet: Estwing Sportsman’s Axe
- Best Camping Grill: Coleman Propane Grill
- Best Camping Stove: Primus | Primetech Stove System
- Best Camping Flashlight: J5 Tactical V1-pro Flashlight
- Best Camping Towel: Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Travel Towel
- Best Camping Water Bottle: Yeti Rambler 18oz Bottle
- Best Power Inverter For Camping: Jackery Portable Power Station
- Best Camping Multi Tool: Victorinox Swiss Army Swisstool
6 things that you need to know before purchasing the best beach tents
1. Size of the tent
Size is one of the most important factors in a beach tent. Size just does not mean the floor area, and it also includes the central height of the tent. You need adequate central height for comfortable sitting inside the tent.
The size of the tent should be ideal for children to roam around freely. The weight of the tent is going to depend upon the size. You need to think about the average number of people going to the beach with you before deciding the size.
Weight is also an important factor as you have to carry the folded tent with you to the beach. Due to this, choosing a lightweight tent is the best option.
The use of weak materials as frames such as fiberglass can reduce the weight of the tent. However, this takes a toll on the durability of the tent. You need to find the middle ground between strength and weight.
Most tents have carrying bags included with the package for easier transportation. The usual weight of beach tents is between 2 to 15lbs depending upon their capacity.
3. Easy to Assemble
An ideal beach tent should be easy to assemble. You don’t want to spend an hour having to set up a tent on the beach. It better to look for a tent that offers easy to use assembly in quick time.
Tents come in 2 configurations. One is a manual set up, and the other category is pop-up tents.
Manual configuration is recommended for seasonal users who have experience of setting up tents. As the name suggests, pop-up tents are ideal for casual users as they are very easy to set up in a matter of minutes.
The choice of material will affect the other factors as well, such as weight and portability.
It is the most important thing to be checked before buying. An ideal choice should be to resist the strong wind, good waterproofing capability, and be able to protect you from the sun’s UV rays.
The tent consists of two parts. Materials used for both parts are equally important to consider.
Outer Shell and the Inner Frame. The outer shell is made up of either Polyester or Nylon. The fabric should have an SPF 50+ rating, which ensures that the fabric is UV resistant. It should allow air to pass through and stop sand from entering. Both have good waterproofing capability. Nylon is a stronger option than polyester, which is lightweight.
The frame is the structure that stabilizes the whole tent. It makes sure that the tent remains intact in the strong wind. A tough frame is recommended to resist a strong windy day. Fiberglass is the lightest yet a weak material. Aluminum does not weigh much and offers good stability. In comparison, steel is a heavyweight material that offers the best stability. You should decide as per your desired area and wind characteristics.
Beach tents come in various designs. You need to pick the ones that suit your usage conditions well.
Here is a list of 5 types of Beach Tents
- Canopy: Canopy style is ideal if more sheltered space is required. However, it gives you no protection against wind or sand. No privacy is also its drawback.
- Baby Tents: As the name suggests, they are designed for babies. They are smaller in size and can be used to protect your babies from insects, sand, and harmful rays of the sun.
- Pop-up tents: Pop-up tents are very easy to set up and take down. They are recommended for beginners.
- Cabana: Cabana tents are designed to give protection against wind, sun, and water altogether. They are designed for a complete family with extra features like the seamed floor, windows, and storage options for added comfort.
- Gazebo: Gazebo is just like the canopy style. They are not a much portable option due to heavyweight. But they offer strong protection and less likely to be carried away by the wind.
6. Extra Features
Privacy is an added concern, but it depends on your preferences. If you are a privacy-conscious person, look for a full closed tent. Otherwise, a tent with an open front will suit you the best.
The tent should have extra storage pockets for the storage of luggage. It can also prevent your stuff from the sand.
For comfortable use, the groundsheet is recommended. You don’t want to be sitting directly on the sand.
Mesh windows are a good addition to maintain airflow and proper ventilation. It also helps to keep the insects and bugs out.
Sandbags are necessary for added stability. They can fill themselves up in windy weather and help in stabilizing the tent.
A good-looking beach tent is a bonus. Everyone likes to see a visually eye-catching design.
6 Advantages of a Beach Tent
Here is why you should buy a beach tent.
- It gives you privacy on the beach.
- You have your place to rest anytime.
- It shelters you from UV rays of the sun.
- It serves as a storage place for your valuables when you are swimming.
- It can protect you from harmful elements in case of bad weather.
- It gives you a private place to enjoy with your family and a chance for your kids to play comfortably.
If you are in the market for a new beach tent, do check out the guide below. It will help you make the best decision.
Review of the 10 best beach tents
Coleman Gazebo is a basic-looking beach tent. It offers all the necessary features that a beach tent should have. The fabric is SPF 50+ certified, which means it can protect you against UV sun rays. It is also able to protect you from water in case of light rain. It is built using a strong, durable steel frame. PVC plug-type connections are used to ensure easy installation in no time. Steel is powder-coated to protect it against corrosion. It has a large surface area to accommodate more people easily. The top of the canopy sheet has air vents to regulate the airflow.
It is ideal for casual use at parties, beach, or any festival.
- Comes with carrying bag and pegs
- UV resisting fabric
- Strong steel frame
- Comfortable, spacious inside
- Ventilation capability is good
- Quick and easy to set up
- Not good for privacy-conscious people
- A little bit on the expensive side
OutdoorMaster X-large Beach Tent is a pop-up tent that is easy to set up and take down. It does not require any additional assembly. The use of SPF 50+ protection makes it UV rays resistant. It is designed to protect you against the sun, wind, and rain. It does not weigh a lot, thanks to its compact size. It has built-in sandbags for added stability against a strong wind. It has added a privacy screen to make it safe for your family. The zippered door at the front makes it secure and easy to access at any time. It comes with a strong carry bag for easy transport.
- UV rays protection
- Waterproof design
- Zipper front door for privacy
- Easy to set up and takedown
- Spacious inside for a family
- Clear to see windows
- The screen is not durable
- Too big when packed
WolfWise pop-up beach tent is a canopy style tent. That means it has a greater floor area than the other options. It requires no assembly and is easy to set up and take down.
It weighs just 4.2 lbs, and it is easy to carry with the given carrying bag. It has a front as well as the rear door for easy accessibility. Mesh windows are provided for better airflow. The unique combination of the front and rear door alongside the two side windows makes it a superbly ventilated structure. A strong 190T polyester is used to make it durable. The polyester is UV rays resistant and excellent water repellant. It has a creative design for added stability, and it has storage pockets available inside. All 4 corners have sand pockets to stabilize it against strong winds.
- A unique pop-up design
- Provides UPF 50+ sun protection
- Internally spacious for up to 4 people
- Portable and easy to carry
- Uses lightweight materials
- 360-degree ventilation capability
- A little bit hard to take down
- Acts like a parachute in windy conditions
Neso Tents Grande Beach Tents looks more like a sunshade than a regular tent. Standing tall a 7ft with the help of 4 sandbags at each corner provides ample sunshade for more than four people. Unique design with a lot of color choices makes it a visually pleasing option. It is a very flexible pick. It can be installed at almost any angle. The plus point is that it weighs only 4lbs roughly and can easily be carried without any issues. The material used for its construction is high-quality nylon, which is UPF 50+ certified. That makes it ideal for use under the sun or if there is rain. Grande Beach Tent performs just as expected and is one of the solid options to pick.
- Extremely lightweight
- Can be used at any angle in any kind of terrain
- Eye-catching color options
- Ideal for rainy or sunny conditions
- Stable against wind
- No privacy
- Open from every side, no protection from wind or sand
Sports Brella Umbrella is an umbrella cum tent. It looks like an umbrella at first glance, but it does the job of both, an umbrella and a tent. Its outer shell is made up of 210D polyester that is capable of resisting harsh weather. You will not have to worry about using it in the rain or on a sunny day as it provides ample protection against all. Airflow is good in this model. Having side windows mean you can enjoy looking outside without having to compromise on your comfort. The strong steel frame makes it rugged and stable. You can choose to pick it in your desired color from the given options.
- Unique design
- Solid framework
- Good airflow because of zippered window
- Easy to anchor and stabilize
- Variety of color options
- Not a compact package
- No privacy option
Constructed with 185T fabric, Easthills Outdoor Tent is a fantastic all-around performer in Beach Tents. The use of a fiberglass frame provides enough stability and helps in reducing weight. Wede floor area means it can easily accommodate a 4 person family. It has an extended front flap that can be used as per convenience to increase the sheltered surface area.
Flaps can be zipped together to act as a front door if privacy is a concern. Its compact size makes it easy to carry. Assembly is very easy, and it can be set up in no time. Easthill provides you with 10 extra plastic stakes to make the tent stable in windy conditions.
- Privacy can be managed as needed
- Spacious inside
- UV rays protection and waterproof
- Quick set up process
- Easy to carry and store
- Storage pockets inside
- Slightly hard to pack up after using
- The fiberglass frame needs careful usage.
Although not a notable name, G4Free offers a solid tent for the price. With its cool design and variety of coloring options, it is one of the best looking beach tents in the market. Its outer shell is completely ultraviolet rays resistant. It gives you the liberty to lie down on a sunny day without having to worry about damaging your skin.
Framing is done using strong steel wire, which helps it retain the shape after long usage. It is designed to resist the wind. But, there are sand pockets, sandbags, and additional pegs to provide extra stability when needed. It has mesh windows on three sides to help regulate the airflow and give you a clear outside view. The set up is fairly easy as it is a pop-up tent. You can easily pack it up after use and carry it in the given carrying bag.
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy setup assembly
- Ideal for use on a sunny day with UV resistant fabric
- Strong steel wireframe
- Sandbags and pockets for extra stability against wind
- Not enough headroom inside
- Low-quality tent stakes
If you are looking for the most easier to set up option, Zomake Pop-up Beach Tent should be your priority. All you need to do is throw it up in the air and the thing you know, its set up is done and is ready to use. With the included circular carry bag, you can carry it around on your shoulder. WIth 2 mesh doors and windows, the accessibility is top-notch. Mesh windows keep the bugs out for a comfortable stay inside. The use of 190T ultraviolet resistant fiber makes it a durable option. It offers superb ventilation and airflow capability. A wider floor area means it is comfortable for use for a 4 person family.
- Fiberglass frame
- Extremely easy setup
- Compact and lightweight
- Plenty of ventilation
- Wide floor area
- Not suitable for a rainy day
- Does not holds well against the strong wind
Pacific Breeze Easy Set up Beach Tent is easily the best beach tent in the market. It is a complete all-rounder offering all the features one expects from an ideal beach tent. The color scheme matches the beach. Despite being lightweight and a portable option, it offers a wide inner area to accommodate three adults easily. It has a quick and easy setup. The company has also included pockets inside for storage of luggage. The outside shell is made up of breathable material. No compromises have been made on the quality. It is water and UV rays resistant. This can stand its own against heavy wind, thanks to its strong frame. Sandbags and stakes can be used for added stability if required. 3 clear windows allow sightseeing from the inside while ventilating the tent. It provides enough headroom for comfortable use.
- Fast to assemble
- Portable and compact package
- Internal storage pockets
- Good ventilation and airflow
- Can easily fit 3 adults
- Difficult to pack away
- Expensive price tag
Coleman beach shade shelter comes at an affordable price point. It offers the best features for the price. It has a zipped front door for privacy. When not closed from the front. The same front door can be used to extend the floor area to accommodate more people. It comes with an included line that can be used to hang wet swimming suits. There is also a zipped back window that can be opened to improve the ventilation. Durable poly guard material makes it useable for a longer duration. In addition to that, this tent comes in various color options to improved aesthetics.
- Very easy to set up
- Drying line is included
- Inside storage pockets
- UPF 50+ protection
- Strong privacy measures
- It takes time to take it down
- Low-quality seams
Pacific Breeze Easy Set up Beach Tent wins the crown for the best beach tent out of all the options. It is a great all-round tent that offers an exceptional amount for features for the price. It has an eye-catching design and is quick to set up. Its strong frame makes it ideal in case of harsh weather. Tough fabric is used to make it water-resistant as well. It has superb ventilation quality, and the use of breathable materials allows air to circulate without any problem.
If you are looking to pick the best beach tent, we would highly recommend Pacific Breeze Beach Tent.