Northern pikes are famous for their aggressive nature, aerobatic leaps, sharp bites, and powerful fights. This ancient fish species, with its powerful attributes, haunt the dreams of any angler.
QUICK GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
Below is a list of our favourite fishing gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Fishing Reel: Penn Squell Level
- Baits For Rainbow Trout: Berkley Power Bait
- Best Indore Fishing Rod: Royale Legend
- Best Ultralight Fishing Rod: KastKing Perigee II
- Best Spinning Reel Under 100: Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Best Walleye Trolling Lure: Original Floater Fishing Lure
- Best Pike Lure: Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Best Fishing Kayak under 1000: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- Best Fishing Kayak under 300: Sun Dolphin Journey 10
- Best Fishing Wader: HODGMAN H3 STOCKING FOOT CHEST WADER
- Best Fishing Gloves: BERKLEY FISHING GLOVES
- Best Fishing Cooler: AO Coolers Sportsman Vinyl Soft Cooler
- Best Portable Fish Finder: Reel Sonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Sonar
- Best Inflatable Fishing Boat: Sea Eagle Green
- Best Fluorocarbon Line: KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line
Here, I want to share the best northern pike lures suitable for both beginners and expert anglers.
- Slow Sinking Hard Multi Swimbaits from Lixada
- Fishing Lure Spinning Bait from BOOYAH
- Foxy Momma 4-1/2 inches Fishing Lure Rattling Spoon from Heddon
- Multi-Jointed Hard Swim Baitfish Bass Fishing Lure from Bassdash
- 8 Multi-Jointed Segments Bass Fishing Lure Minnow from BlitzBite
- Spinnerbait Slow-Water Bass Fishing Lure from BOOYAH
- KHP5A Assortment Piker Kit from Mepps
- 10-Pcs Bass Spinnerbait Fishing Lure by Tbuymax
- Slow Sinking Hard Bait Fishing Lures from Rose Kuli
- Squid Laser Saltwater Fishing Lure by Aorace
Let’s start the article by digging into some critical detail.
How to Select the Best Northern Pike Lures?
There are some important things that every angler should keep in mind before hunting this power-pack species.
Northern Pikes always set a trap for their prey. The dotted green color of their body amazingly blends with gras and various aquatic plants and gives them a huge benefit. Northern pikes stay silent and create unnoticeable motions of their fins. They remain silent in one place and wait with patience for their prey to fall into their trap before attacking with full speed and power. A northern pike can eat anything; they also rely on some other small pikes and easily swallow them.
Northern Pikes are well-trained to set a trap for their prey. Their large eyes help them to see in low-light and depth perception of the water.
The best time to start hunting for northern pike is 90 minutes before the sunset and sunrise. With their sharp and sensitive lateral line, this fish species can feel even the least vibration caused by their prey and predators.
Razor-Like Sharp Teeth
A northern pike has thousands of razor-like sharp teeth that provide a surefire grip on their prey and destroy all the fishing lines. It is not a beneficial idea to use a graze resistant along the mainline for standing straight.
Northern pikes are powerful enough to completely destroy the fishing line and lure with their teeth. So I always recommend you to go with metal lures that can endure the unbearable pressure of pike’s tooth.
Tips For Hunting Northern Pikes
There are some essential tips that every angler should keep in mind before heading towards catching northern pikes.
Vegetation and Clean Water
If you want to tackle some giant northern pikes, start searching them in clear water and vegetation. These fish species prefer to live in clear water where the sunlight can reach the plants and help them grow. The vegetation under the water helps northern pikes to set an ambush for their prey. So, if you are searching pikes, then also concentrate on weeds and cracks and crevices.
Most of the fish species are famous for their fineness and sleek body. But the thing is not the same northern pikes. So don’t panic because they will use your lures with a great attitude. It is hard to set a trap for this sharp and aggressive fish species.
The best time for hunting power-pack northern pike is their feeding time. 90 minutes from sunrise to sunset is the most productive time to ambush your predator.
Visions and Lateral Line
Due to the large eyes, northern pikes rely on their visions and lateral line for catching their prey. So, be careful while selecting the movement, vibration, and speed of the lures. Moreover, using live baits also brings many benefits.
Don’t forget a leader when you are setting a trap for a northern pike. It is the best thick and robust braid that will help you to catch some good pikes in your tackle box. Research the strengths, myths, weaknesses, and using methods of leaders before purchasing one.
Hotspots for Hunting Northern Pikes
If you don’t know where to find this water monster species, I want to share some hotspots in the US for experiencing their hunting.
- Madison Chine, Wisconsin I
- Lake Onalaska, Mississippi River, La Cross, Wisconsin I
- Upper Road Lake, North Minnesota
- Green Bay, Wisconsin I
- Winnipeg River, Manitoba Border
- Lake of the Woods, Manitoba Border, ON
- Tobin Lake, Saskatchewan’s Lake
- High Point Lake & Allegheny Reservoir (Kinzua), Pennsylvania
Review of best Nothern Pike Lure
Manufactured in the USA, this 8-segment multi-jointed artificial swim bait from Lixada comes up with 2 treble stainless steel hooks. The S-swim motion allows this slow sinking fishing bait to move at any bait. With a lifelike bionic body, this fishing lure has 3D holographic eyes. The lifelike actions are enough to provoke the fishes and tempt them to catch the hooks. Made up of high-standardize ABS material, the Lixada top-water lure is not only odor-free but also very eco-friendly.
- The bionic fish lure body has 8-segments
- Available in various colors and eye-catching patterns
- It has 2 treble hooks and S-swimming motion
- Made up with ABS material
- This fishing lure is best to catch walleye, trout, salmon, trophy, and northern pikes.
- Suitable in both freshwater and saltwater
- Easy-to-use and available in an affordable range
- Match with fishing skills of both trainee and expert anglers
- It is large as compared to other similar products.
This ½ ounces of unique spinner bait is powerful enough to endure the powerful bites of spinner bait. With Vibra- FLX wire framework, this fishing lure is attached with a robust 12-inches leader that can stand up to the mouths filled with sharp teeth. The design of this spinner bait from BOOYAH is suitable to hunt pikes and muskies in the freshwater. With a premium Mustad ultra-treble hook, this fishing lure has many silo-tech silicone skirts that tempt the northern pikes.
- With ½ ounces of body design, this product is compact
- It has ultra-treble Mustad hook
- Suitable for freshwater and tackle muskies and pikes
- It is attached with 12-inches stainless steel leader
- Easy-to-use and made with Vibra-FLX wireframe
- Multi silo-tech silicone skirt attracts the prey
- Treble Mustad hook gets rusted in the water after only 2-3 times of use.
With a unique dart and color pattern design, this Foxy Momma Rattling Spoon successfully confuses your prey and bring them into your trap. Thus Heddon Rattling Spoon, with its S-swim motion, creates loud sounds that are enough to create panic among bait fishes. This variant from Heddon has a tungsten BB sound system for testifying and amplifying the sounds of fleeing bait fishes. This fishing lure comes with a strong and robust Mustad treble hooks that are sharp enough to hold your prey in the water.
- Darting and unique color patterns
- Suitable to catch northern pikes in both freshwater and saltwater
- It has S-Swim motion for creating unique noises
- With a tungsten BB, it can testify the sounds of fleeing bait fishes
- Equipped with sharp and robust treble Mustad hooks
- It creates smoothest dog-walk retrieve
- The framework of this fishing lure is heavy, and it is not easy to handle.
- Treble hook get easily rusted in the water.
Manufactured in the US, this swimbait hard bass fishing lure by Bassdash is made up of high-quality ABS material. This fishing lure can cover up to 3-feet of depth and withstand the wear and tear of prey. With a lifelike swimming action, this product has 3D bluegill with 6 Joint segments and allows the fishing lure to swim in side-by-side motion. The robust treble hooks of this bass fishing lure will hold the fishes in one place by reducing the leverage. The body framework of this product also contains soft swimbait fins, and it is suitable to hunt walleye, trout, northern pike, and muskies.
- Made up with high-quality ABS material
- 3D bluegill with 6-joint segments
- It creates side-by-side motion
- Treble hooks hold the prey in one place
- Suitable to catch fishes in both saltwater and freshwater
- This spinnerbait has slow swimming action.
Manufactured in the US, this bass fishing lure from BlitzBite is made up of standardizing ABS material. This rattling spinnerbait has the strong wire and 3D lifelike eyes, so your prey gets confused and falls into your trap. With 1.4 ounces average weight, this BlitzBite fishing lure has slow action with the smooth retrieve. This bass minnow fishing lure is available in a wide range of vibrating colors and unique patterns.
- Suitable to hunt muskies, pikes, trout, and walleye
- Made up with ABS material and has a strong wireframe
- It has lifelike swimming action with 3D eyes
- Available in a variety of vibrant colors and various sizes
- It has aggressive action with slow sinking
- This bass fishing lure is expensive and not suitable for anglers of all levels.
This magical Slow-Water Spinnerbait from BOOYAH is a perfect fishing lure for farm ponds and strip lakes. This bass spinnerbait, with its compact size, has tons of attractions. With a handful selection of colors, this fishing lure variant has not only blade combos but also high-quality supper. The Ultra-Point treble Mustad hook with Silo-tech silicon tech allows you to tackle big northern pikes in small water.
- 6-strands ultra-fine silicon skirts
- A handful of color selection with blade combos
- High-quality Mustad treble hook
- Compact size is suitable to fish big fishes in small water such as ponds and lakes
- This spinnerbait is not attached to the BB swirl, as it is mentioned in the package description.
The dress and plain spinnerbaits from Mepps come up with #4 and #5 Aglias. This assortment kit from Mepps has French lures that produce super-sonic vibrations. With tons of flash, this spinner bait has a strong brass body. With a buck and squirrel tail, the blades of this variant are covered with a stainless steel shaft.
- Blades are painted with polished brass
- For resist chipping, it has durable vinyl finishing
- It offers six Aglias of #4 and #5
- Suitable to catch northern pikes in small waters
- Only suitable for trainees
- Expensive and not suitable for expert anglers
0.28-ounces heavy-weighted 10-pcs of this spinnerbait fishing lure from Tbuymax is designed to catch large fish species. With bright color and attractive color combinations, each is attached with robust treble hooks. This Rooster fishing spinnerbait tail is best for hunting trout, salmon, pikes, and walleye in both saltwater and freshwater. The packaging box provides convenient use and restocking of the product. The high-quality blades provide continuous flash and vibrations.
- 10pcs and 1 restoring bag is included in the package
- It is suitable for tackling big fishes
- One treble hook and premium-quality blade
- Ideal for hunting trout, salmon, walleye, muskies, and northern pikes
- It has no action and gets rusted easily.
Manufactured in the US, this lifelike hard fishing lure from Rose Kuli features 3D eyes, realistic body structure. Body parts are attached with durable fabric and allow this fishing lure to wiggle side-by-side. The simple structure of this variant covers more distance in the water and creates vibration for attracting pikes.
- Fantastic hard bait fishing lure for hunting pikes, muskies, walleye, trout, etc.
- Realistic body structure and lifelike 3D eyes
- All parts are attached with durable fabric
- It wiggles side-by-side and produces super-sonic vibrations
- The streamlined structure reduces wind-resistant during fishing
- It is expensive, and the fiber is stiffly jointed
Manufactured in the US, this squid laser fishing lure from Aorace contains 8-pcs of lifelike lures in one package. With innovative and latest laser coating, this fishing lure has attractive patterns and 3D realistic eyes. Made up with durable ABS material, this Aorace fishing lure is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater for catching pikes. It creates a unique rhythmic sound with an inserted noise model. This product also contains a stainless steel ball inside it that controls casting and barycenter effectively.
- Suitable for hunting big fishes such as walleye, trout, and northern pikes
- It has a unique noise model for creating a rhythmic vibration
- Coated with ABS material and suitable for freshwater and saltwater
- Sharp hooks are attached with each fishing lure
- This fishing lure kit is expensive and not suitable for experts.
- Hooks get rusted and break very easily.
These 10 picks will improve your fishing skill and allow you to enjoy hunting northern pikes. From above the list, I have selected the best fishing lure for your easiness. Slow Sinking Hard Multi Swimbaits from Lixada with its handful of advanced features is an all-rounder fishing lure. This slow sinking spinnerbait is not only suitable for trainees but also matches with fishing skills of experts and available at an affordable price.
I hope this article will help you to find the best fishing lure. Last but not least, don’t forget to do complete research about any of your desired products before purchasing.