Saltwater fly fishing is such a thrilling adventure that no one wants to miss. As compared to freshwater gears, you might need extra oomph and power for fishing in saltwater. No doubt, there is no best feeling than getting into the water and win a battle against a robust fish. Do you also want to cast a perfect line and hook up a stubborn fish? If yes then you have landed on the right page.
But how will you find a suitable saltwater fly reel for amazing fishing reel? Without having a reliable and sturdy saltwater fly reel, it is impossible to tackle the hazards of saltwater fishing. Well, you are lucky because here I will share the list of 5 best fishing reels that won’t cast you a fortune and your time.
Best Saltwater Fly Reels
You can land on freshwater with a cheap fishing reel with some consequences. But if you plan to land on saltwater quarry then it is a wise decision to treat your saltwater fishing reel as a serious investment. Here, I will recommend you the 5 best saltwater fly reels that are currently ruling in the market. Let’s have a look at fly reel that will make your saltwater fishing experience memorable.
- Suitable for left-hand retrieve
- Fully-sealed carbon-to-silicon drag
- Available in 3 different colors
- CNC-machine with Aluminum alloy body
- 3-years warranty with 100% satisfaction
- 0 average weight with ¾ line weight
As Piscifun Arbor fly fishing reel body is made up of aluminum alloy, it is easy-to-handle, lightweight, compact-in-size, and corrosion-resistant. The Platte fly fishing reels implants a full-sealed carbon to stainless steel drag for a consistent, robust, infinite, and easy-to-adjust stopping power and save you from spooling to a dead point. Featuring a completely sealed and fully-maintained drag, this Platte series provides impervious to the saltwater dirt, grit, and many other resistant elements.
The arbor of this reel is large enough and helps you to pick up the casting line quickly. For accurate and repeated drag settings, this fly fishing reel is powerful enough to bear the wear and tear of both freshwater and saltwater. This Platte series is crafted with an anodized and lightweight 6061T6 aluminum that provides a heavy ventilated spool and strength to the fishing reel. The drag knob has a robust diamond knurling that allows you to adjust the drag and settings in the mid-battle.
- It offers an easy left-right hand retrieve during casting a line
- Featuring a quick spool, the package includes a neoprene-padded reel case.
- Positive click-drag knob allows you to do repeatedly drag settings
- Large arbor of the reel picks up the line fast and drives you to the edge of a saltwater
- Featuring a complete maintenance-free drag, this fly reel is impervious to the dirt and grit of saltwater
- Crafted with a lightweight anodized aluminum
- An aggressive diamond knurling allows you to change the drag setting during the battle
- Assembling and disassembling of parts is not easy at all
- The drag will change from heavy to light anytime and you will have no idea how it has happened
- Offers easy left and right-hand retrieve
- The fishing reel comes up with 3-years warranty
- Available in 4 different colors (Gunmetal, Pink, Grey, and Black)
- Offer 4 different line weights 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10
- 6061-T6 CNC Aluminum precise machined
The company has already set the fishing reel on left-retrieve. With complete guidance and an easy-to-understand manual, you can set it to right-retrieve. Featuring a CNC machined aluminum alloy body, this Piscifun Sword fishing reel is sturdy, lightweight, and corrosion-resistant. This might be the best fishing reel for you with its concave design arbor that increases its strength and offer effortless casting.
With a multi-disc cork and stainless steel managing system, you can perform immediate and smooth drag settings. For high-impact and long-lasting durability, this Piscifun sword has a hollow design that makes the fishing reel lighter and allows you to handle it easily.
- Extremely strong and lightweight CNC machined reel
- Light-in-weight and made up with a corrosion-free aluminum alloy
- Arbor has a concave design that offers high-capacity for flying and back reeling
- Available in an affordable price range and also suitable for beginners
- The drag is not fully sealed
- It is not easy-to-handle the assembling and disassembling.
- Powerful drag
- Adjustable and power fiber drags glass
- Increase baking capacity with deep-v-spool
- Lifetime warranty
- Available in 4 different colors
Featuring a large arbor and V-shape spool, this fly reel is easily adjustable with a wide range of fishing rods. The unique shape of spool allows you to hold on several backings. With powerful drag and unique die-cast construction, this fishing reel is suitable for beginners and easily adjusts in your tight budget.
The design of the arbor not only increases its speed but also provides easy conversion from left-to-right retrieve. This Redington Behemoth fly reel has soft-touch ergonomic handles with a twin-molded body structure that makes it possible for you to run long fishing sessions in saltwater.
- This robust fly reel can easily maintain balance with 10wt or 12wt fishing rods
- A handy case is included in the package for safe reassembling
- V-shaped spool holds up to increase backing capacity
- It has ergonomic handles with unique spool shape
- The drag knob is cheaper and gets rusted easily
- Probably heavy as compared to other similar products
- Delivers 100% customer satisfaction and 1-year guarantee
- Pre-loaded fly reel with a large arbor
- All aluminum construction machined body
- Powerful rugged disc drag
Manufactured in the US, this M MAXIMUMATCH fly reel offers a 1-way bearing for the swift and convenient left-to-right retrieve. With a unique die-casting process, this ECO fly reel features a rugged disc drag that puts serious pressure on the fish after it gets stuck on the hook. With durable and sturdy aluminum construction, this fly reel is suitable for various fishing rods and helps you to catch some large fishes.
- Die-casting process and offers an easy and swift left-right retrieval switch
- It has a large arbor that makes possible the rapid line retrieval
- Rugged disc drag and ergonomic handle
- Suitable for both beginner and expert anglers
- Available at an affordable price
- Tricky to clean
- The drag is not fully sealed
- Lifetime Warranty
- Nylon reel case for easy and secure storage
- Compact and swift carbon drag
- 3/4 (75 yards), 5/6 (100 yards), 7/8 (200 yards) and 9/10 (250 yards) for backing capacity
- 3/4 (3-4wt), 5/6 (5-6wt), 7/8 (7-8wt) and 9/10 (9-10wt) fly line weight
- CNC Machined with 6061T6 Anodized aluminum
Featuring a quick-release spoon, this Rise series fly reel from Redington offers the easy and swift left-to-right conversion of hand retrieval. This professional CNC machined fly reel is manufactured with 6061T6 aluminum alloy. With a twin molded body structure and soft ergonomic handles, this fly reel has an ultra-large arbor design that is suitable for picking swift retrieve line. With a compact carbon drag system, Rise Redington offers an oversized drag knob that delivers easy adjustments.
- A cool design that is suitable with a wide range of fishing rods
- CNC machined anodized aluminum suits well with lightweight fishing rods
- Suitable for both trainee and expert anglers
- Oversized drag knob allows you to adjust the pressure on the fish
- Easy and swift conversion of hand retrieve from left to right
- Molded softly and equipped with ergonomic handles
- The drag easily gets rusted and does not bear the weight of large fishes
- The drag is not sealed and sometimes it changes the retrieve without you noticing
I have mentioned the 5 best saltwater fly reels that are trending in the market and might deliver results according to your expectations. According to my fishing experience, I want to mention the best product from the above list.
Fully Sealed Platte Piscifun Arbor Fly Fishing Reel is the best option for you with its CNC machined aluminum alloy, lightweight, easy-to-handle, and corrosion-resistant body. Moreover, this variant is easily affordable and bears the wear and tear of both saltwater and freshwater.
Do your research before purchasing any fishing reel and makes sure it matches your fishing skills and fits in your budget.