Enjoying your fishing session means pulling the bait out the water every time you feel the bite. Do you want to get the most out of your game fishing? A spinning reel is the most crucial part gear of fishing rig, and it is vital to invest your money wisely. To help you in choosing the best spinning reel, I have made a list of 5 best spinning reels under $100.
Here is the list of Best Spinning Reel Under $100
- BG Spinning Reel from Daiwa
- Revo X Spinning Fishing Reel by Abu Garcia
- Fierce Live Liner Spinning Reel from PENN
- Battle II Spinning Fishing Reel 5000 from PENN
- Sedona FI Freshwater Spinning Reel from SHIMANO
Review of the Best Spinning Reel Under $100
Different products have different construction and performance functions. It is vital to understand the significant components of a high-standard and serviceable spinning reel under 100. This guide will eventually help you to select the best spinning reel that fulfills all your requirements.
On the traditional side, this BG spinning reel from Daiwa is a perfect example of it. With a splendid and timeless design, this Daiwa spinning reel has unique black anodized machined aluminum housing. Known as Hard Bodyz, this product has a stainless steel body and side cover. With an oversized dig gear system, an Air Rotor is installed that keeps the dirt and water out of your reel. This Daiwa variant has a reliable screw in-handle that allows you to carry the reel comfortably and strongly.
With a robust and waterproof drag system, this BG spinning reel already has a ready braided line. With a maximum drag ratio of 13.2, this spinning reel has manual return bail, 4500, or longer. 6BB + 1RB power, this spinning reel has a 5:6:1 gear ratio. A unique Dynamic Cut Aluminum Spool is inserted in this product, increasing its working capacity and also allows anglers to tackle large fishes.
- This spinning reel has 4000 and smaller Infinite Anti-reverse system
- Maximum line capacity (yds/lbs): 10/140, 8/170, 6/210 and maximum J Braid: 30/120, 15/190, 20/170
- This BG Daiwa product has 4500 and larger Infinite Dual anti-reverse system
- With a solid-screw handle, anglers can carry this fishing reel easily
- Suitable for freshwater, inshore, offshore and even in saltwater
- The internal body and side plates are manufactured with carbon ATD
- This spinning reel is large as compared to other products
Read also: Review of the 5 Best Pike Lures
Most noticeable thing about this amazing Revo X spinning reel by Abu Garcia is its black and sleek body design. With an evocative stealth aircraft, this spinning fishing reel has one roller bearing and 6 stainless steel HPCR ball bearings that increase corrosion-resistance between its shaft. For smooth and fast retrieval and drag performance, a reliable and durable Carbon Matrix drag system is installed.
With a lightweight fiber graphite body, A Rocket Line Management System is also inserted in this product to ensure that you have sufficient control over all fishing lines. The combo of this fishing reel with your spinning rod allows you to feel even the slightest bite and movement of fishes. The insert-molded C6 body design is combined with an explicit X-craft gearbox. The C6 carbon body makes this fishing reel lightweight and easy-to-handle.
- For fishing on all types of lines, this fishing reel has a rocket line management system
- A lightweight graphite rotor is installed that keep all the dirt and water away from the reel
- The precise lm-c6 body design is combined with a carbon body and C6 gearbox for effective performance
- Carbon fiber drag system delivers smooth and reliable drag performance throughout the fishing session
- 6+1 stainless steel ball bearings provide protection against corrosion.
- This fishing reel is suitable for freshwater, inshore and offshore fishing but it is not suitable for saltwater
- Only suitable for expert anglers
The PENN Fierce Live Liner fishing reel offers a premium and reliable performance. With its well-suited design and fully durable metal body construction, this fishing reel might be good for offshore fishing of Snappers, Groupers, and many other large fish species. With both left-handed and right-handed retrieve, the outer body of this fishing reel has heavy-duty aluminum side plates and bail wire.
This PENN fishing reel might be the best option for you with its fluid cracking system and 4 stainless steel ball bearings. With smooth and an instant anti-reverse bearing, this Fierce fishing reel provides super-smooth and powerful drag performance. Anglers can enjoy super leverage and control torque over this spinning reel with a well-balanced Techno rotor. The line capacity rings of this spinning fishing reel are marked at 2/3, 1/3, and full capacity. With this variant, you don’t have to worry about water and dirt because its carbon fiber drag system will keep all debris away from your reel.
- Techno Rotor gives a superb and smooth retrieve and full control torque
- With an instant anti-reserve bearing, it has 4 stainless steel ball bearings
- This PENN fierce spinning reel has HT-100 carbon fiber drag system
- With a superliner spool, a heavy-duty aluminum bail wire is wrapped around its body
- It has 1/3, 2/3 and full-capacity line rings
- This fishing reel is heavy and difficult to carry
- With its varying features, this PENN spinning reel can wear down some anglers during long fishing trips.
Read also: Review of 7 Best Lures For Striped Bass
If you want to conquer big saltwater game fish, Groupies, Snappers, and large fish species, then Battle II 5000 spinning reel from PENN might be the best option for you. With a full metal body and stainless steel side plates, this PENN spinning reel is highly durable. The premium Aluminum rotor and an aluminum bail wire around the reel deliver exceptional performance. With Battle II spinning reel, anglers don’t have to sacrifice the smoothness of retrieve because the HT-100 carbon fiber sturdy drag system is inserted in it.
This PENN spinning fishing reel comes up with an instant anti-reverse bearing and 5 fluid cracking ball bearings. With its braid ready, this product has marked line capacity rings at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity. Moreover, this Battle II spinning reel has a superline spool that does not require any backing.
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag ensures that dirt and water stays away from the spinning reel
- This PENN spinning reel is equipped with 5 stainless steel sealed ball bearings
- With an aluminum bail wire, this product has an instant anti-reverse bearing and superline spool
- The durable construction of this product comes up with a combination of matt black and red color
- This spinning reel has marked line capacity rings at 3 options.
- This spinning fishing reel is heavy compared to other products, and sometimes it can dodge anglers anytime during long fishing trips.
Read also: Review of the 5 Best White Bass Lures
With a great entry-level and updated design, the Sedona FI SHIMANO fishing reel has cold forged HAGANE Gears. At an affordable price, this freshwater spinning reel offers significant performance. Integrates with SHIMANO flagship HAGANE gear, this spinning reel provides smoothness for inshore and offshore actions and delivers long-lasting strong and reliable performance. With 7lbs maximum drag power, this freshwater fishing reel only weighs 7.6 ounces with 5:0:1 gear ratio.
With 3BB+1BB ball bearing rings, this fishing reel features double anodized machine spools that deliver increased line capacity and maintain balance. This reel is equipped with a superb Propulsion Line Management System that provides long-line casting distances and prevents wind knots and backlashes.
- This fishing reel has 20/65 and 15/85 Power-Pro Line Cap and 2/270, 6/110 and 4/140 Mono Line Cap
- To cover long-line casting distances and preventing wind knots, this fishing reel has unique Propulsion Line Management System
- This fishing reel only weighs 7.6 ounces, and it is easy to carry
- This SHIMANO product is integrated with cold-forged and flagship HAGANE gears
- Incorporated with a drag system that ensures the smoothness of both inshore and offshore actions
- This fishing reel has complexed features that are not easy to operate
- This product is not suitable for saltwater fishing games
Read Also: Review of Best Bluefish Lures
From the above list of 5 best spinning reels under 100, I have selected one best fishing reel that might work best for you.
BG Spinning Reel from Daiwa is my top-most pick from above of the list. With its 33.2 inches per handle turn, this fishing reel has braided line capacity, waterproof drag system, solid-screw handles, stainless steel side plates, advanced dig gear system, and many other amazing features.
In the last, don’t jump to buy any product without doing complete research on its technology, construction, and specifications.