If you are an angler, then you might know that not every lure works for different fish species. Considering one best lure that matches your fishing skill is a tricky and overwhelming task if you are a trainee. Are you a walleye angler? If yes, then it is necessary to get your hands on some high-quality trolling lure. If you want to tackle large walleye, then you have landed on the right page.
Shops are full of varieties of trolling lures. While you can get any type of lure, there are essential points you should keep in mind before purchasing. Here, I want to share 5 best walleye trolling lures that you can add in your fishing box this season.
- Trout, Walleye, Crap Fishing Lures from Dynamic
- Original Rooster Tail Wordens Spinning Lure from Yakima Bait
- Original Floater Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Minnow Lure from Rebel
- Cotton Cordell Diver Walleye Crankbait Fishing Lure
Best Walleye Trolling Lures
Mostly native to Canada and the United States, walleye is also known as Yellow Pike. This fish species is a freshwater perciform and it is common-stocked and popular for game fishing. For catching some large walleye and for making your fishing session memorable, you need to update tools and lures. Whether you are a beginner or an expert angler, these fishing lures will help you get good results.
- Topwater crankbait
- Available in 2 different sizes
- HD-Trout 0.10oz average lure weight
- 0-2ft targeted depth
- Multiple BB Chamber inside
- Size #10 treble hooks
- 1-year warranty
With a designated small front lip, this fishing lure from Dynamic is a topwater crankbait. It is a slow sinking fishing lure that can cover almost 2 feet of water depth. Manufactured in the USA, Dynamic fishing lure has a slender and low profile. With multiple BB rattling chambers, this trolling fishing lure is designed to maintain an upright position in the water. For mimicking like real life baitfish, this variant is resonated with low-value rattles.
Coated with ABS plastic, the structure of this fishing lure fulfills all the standards of the manufacturing industry. With its sturdy construction, the handle of this fishing lure can handle abuse for longer without deceiving or cracking. Moreover, this walleye fishing lure from Dynamic is suitable for both beginners and expert anglers.
- The lure comes up with ultra-sharp size #2 hooks that hold up to a fish for a longer time and won’t let it out of the line
- Slow sinking fishing lure with an optimal target of 2 feet depth
- Sturdy construction
- Soft handles that do not irritate your hands
- Easy-to-use and available in an affordable range
- Hooks get rust and break easily
- Rattles do not create tempting vibrations
- Original 1/2oz rooster tail
- In-line spinnerbait
- Heavy-weight sturdy construction
- Available in 4 different colors
- High UV finishing
This spinnerbait from Yakima Bait is tangle-free and might be an ideal lure choice for you. The sturdy body construction of this lure allows you to hold up for a longer time on aggressive walleyes and other large fish species. With a special Worden’s Original ½ ounce rooster tail, this Yakima bait offers you to cast a line a little longer. This effective trolling spinner with its unique spinning action can cover almost 0-2 feet depth.
This Rooster Tail spinner lure from Yakima bait has an in-line weighted body design. With blue, silver, genuine, brass, and copper blades, the structure of this product has fine UV finishing. Suitable for both beginners and expert anglers, this Yakima bait has pulsating hackle tail that creates lifelike actions under the water. With its unique vibration and mimicking style, this spinning lure successfully attracts many large walleyes.
- This fishing lure is suitable for catching multiple fish species such as walleye, trout, salmon, and pikes.
- It has sharp treble hooks that can hold up on fishes for longer
- Fine UV finishing makes this product prominent
- In-line weighted body and rooster tail creates lifelike actions
- Expensive as compared to other similar products
- Hooks are not made with high-quality material, and after some time it gets rusted
- 5 inches average size
- Natural Minnow Profile
- Available in 7 different sizes and in-line with body weights
- VMC Black nickel hooks
- Available in classic and unique bleeding patterns
This Original Floating Rapala fishing lure might be best for you to catch muskies, walleye, northern pikes, and trout. This number 1 go-to lure not only twitched on the water as a surface bait but also create best retrieve as a shallow runner. When troll, this high-standard floating Rapala fishing lure creates lifelike swimming action that is enough for attracting fishes.
Available in a wide range of colors and variety of sizes, this fishing lure can be used as a flat line or combine with downriggers. For effective results, you can attach this floating fishing lure with a lead core. With its 3-waved swivel and bottom bouncer, this product has an irresistible minnow action. This tank tested and hand tined variant has treble sharp hooks that are enough to give deep wounds to fishes.
- Constructed with high-quality Balsa wood
- Easy-to-handle and suitable for both beginners and experts
- Natural minnow profile and available in bleeding and classic patterns
- It has stainless wore through construction
- Sometimes hooks cannot hold on to the weight of the fishes
- First-ever in-line and hand-tested lure
- Available in 2 different sizes and weights
- Floater and diver versions
- Versatile lure and stood hard in the line
Rebel minnow has brought a revolution in the fishing world by introducing new designs and material. Considered as a versatile lure, this magnificent fishing gear allows you to tackle some large fish species such as muskies, pikes, bass, walleye, trout, and other fish species. With unique sinking styles, this minnow bait has 2 versions such as floater and diver. With a variety of color patterns, this fishing lure is available in multiple lengths and sizes.
- Suitable for catching large fish species
- 1 treble sharp hook is attached with this minnow bait
- Available in lifelike fish color patterns
- Available in an affordable price range
- Time-proven and unique design
- Treble hooks are not sharp enough to give a wound to a fish
- Not suitable for experts
- A slender and tight profile
- 2 sizes CD5 & CD6 are available
- Wide range of colors and various patterns are available
- Cover average 20 feet
This Cotton Cordell walleye fishing lure has been proven on a great lake and many large fish spices. With tight wiggles and slender profile, this crankbait fishing lure creates lifelike actions underwater and attract many fish. With an aggressive bait lip, this variant can go deep down 20 feet under the water. The sharp treble hooks and slender rattles allow you long casting.
With a variety of attractive colors and tempting patterns, this Cotton Cordell variant is available in 2 different sizes, CD5 and CD6. With an extended down to deeper option, the CD5 fishing lure has 2 ½ inches length and it can dive 11 feet in the water. CD6 fishing lure has 3 1/8inches length and it can drive 13 feet deep in the water.
- 2 different sizes are available for your convenience
- Tight wiggles for creating lifelike vibrations
- For better trolling and effective casting, it delivers tournament caliber
- Eye-catching colors and attractive patterns
- Assembling and disassembling is easy
- Expensive as compared to other similar products
- Not suitable for beginners and difficult to handle
Above, I have mentioned 5 best walleye trolling lures that you can use in your fishing sessions. Here I want to mention one fishing lure from the above list that I find best according to my experience.
Original Floater Fishing Lure from Rapala might be the best option for you with its in-line body weight, treble sharp hooks, and variety of multiple colors and tempting patterns. The wiggle of this Rapala variant creates lifelike vibrations in the water that attracts large fish species and tempts them to chase it. Moreover, it is not only easy-to-use and affordable but also suitable for both trainees and expert anglers.
In the last, keep in mind that doing complete research on your end is important before purchasing any product. Make sure fishing lure that you want to buy matches with your fishing skills and fit in your budget.