White bass is an aggressive fish who loves to eat. It is not difficult to catch bass, however finding the best white bass lures is an integral part of fishing bass. It is important to remember that white bass is forage driven predators; they don’t care if baitfish are suspended near the surface because they are eating machines that will simply come for the bait. It is pretty simple to find the forage, and once you find the fish, you throw your lure and catch it.
QUICK GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
Below is a list of our favourite fishing gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Fishing Reel: Penn Squell Level
- Baits For Rainbow Trout: Berkley Power Bait
- Best Indore Fishing Rod: Royale Legend
- Best Ultralight Fishing Rod: KastKing Perigee II
- Best Spinning Reel Under 100: Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Best Walleye Trolling Lure: Original Floater Fishing Lure
- Best Pike Lure: Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Best Fishing Kayak under 1000: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- Best Fishing Kayak under 300: Sun Dolphin Journey 10
- Best Fishing Wader: HODGMAN H3 STOCKING FOOT CHEST WADER
- Best Fishing Gloves: BERKLEY FISHING GLOVES
- Best Fishing Cooler: AO Coolers Sportsman Vinyl Soft Cooler
- Best Portable Fish Finder: Reel Sonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Sonar
- Best Inflatable Fishing Boat: Sea Eagle Green
- Best Fluorocarbon Line: KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line
Here is a list to choose from if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- DAIWA SALT PRO MINNOW FLOATING LURE
- STORM WILDEYE SWIM SHAD FISHING LURE
- ACME LITTLE CLEO SPOON FISHING LURE
- Yakima Bait Wordens Original Rooster Tail Spinner Lure
- LELAND LURE TROUT MAGNET NEON KIT
Before you read the full review of each of the products, take a look at the following information which will help you in making your decision.
Where you can Find White Bass?
White bass mainly loves to eat plankton, shads, live baits, and insects. It is the best fish that young anglers hook because it is not very hard to catch. First, you have to find their location. They are always moving and do not stay in one place for longer periods like largemouth bass. Fishing for bass on concentration areas like bridges will offer excellent results, and in winter, you can find bass in deeper water.
How Do You Catch White Bass in Spring?
They spawn during the day in spring with water temperature between the mid-50s and mid-60s Fahrenheit. Males are first to enter the spawning ground, and females come later. The spawning time is best to catch them because they are the most vulnerable then.
How Do You Catch White Bass in Summer?
In summers, you can easily find them. Schools of tiny shad will be the key feature here (bass loves to eat shad). To find shads, you will have to look for birds touching the surface for them. As you approach that area, you will be able to see that bass is eating the shad. When you find them, you can easily throw a lure and catch them.
How Do You Catch Whitebass in Fall?
White bass moves into deeper water looking for forage, so once you find the baitfish ideal for fishing, you will find the bass, and if you find a school of bass around shads, it will be much easier to catch them. Winds and waves will help you find white bass because waves can push baitfish schools towards the shoreline.
How Do You Catch Whitebass in Winter?
White bass is inactive during winters and it requires a lot of patience to fish for them. They are inactive during winters because they are preparing for their spawning season. So, to catch bass in water with a below 40 temperature you will have to cast the right bait which the bass thinks worthy to strike on.
2 Type of Lures for White Bass
Jigs can work best if you want to catch white bass. White and blacks jigs are popular. White bass can form schools in rivers and lakes so. You will have to look for current breaks where white bass can be found easily. If you add scent to your lure, you have more chances to catch them.
2. SOFT PLASTIC
Soft plastic curly tail grub with a small jig head is great to catch white bass because you don’t need many colors. Chartreuse, white, black, and silver color are enough to get a catch. You can also use a small jig with soft plastic swimbaits or tube baits.
FAQS ABOUT WHITE BASS LURES
Why is it important to use whitebass lure even though you can use any lure?
When you go fishing, you have to prepare your tackle box according to your fishing situation or the fish you want to catch. The chances are less than bass will be attracted to any lure every time, so it is obvious you need a white bass lure to find them. When you use lure for whitebass, you have more chances to catch them.
What size and weight of lure should be used for white bass?
It depends on your weather condition and fishing situation. 1/16 or 1/4 ounce or a lightweight jig can be used for white bass.
Review of the Best Lures for White Bas
- Especially designed saltwater hook
- longer casts
- Made to last
This lightweight lure casts like a bullet even against wind and produces great swimming action. The lure can cast a long way without much effort. The different colors attract bass and wild action through water that look like real fish.
- It has great wobbling action
- Looks the same as real fish
- It has weak split rings
- Low quality of Treble hooks
- Durable eyes
- Can hold up to multiple strikes
- Lifelike movement and appearance
The lure is designed to be very similar to real fish and the material of its tail is also flexible like a real tail. The different colors of lure help to catch bass in different weather conditions. This lure works perfectly to catch large and small white bass.
- Has Realistic swim motion
- Hooks don’t bend with water pressure
- Can catch large and small bass easily
- Lure’s Eyes will sometimes fall out
- Not durable
- Weak Hooks
- Wiggling action
- Treble hook is attached via ring
- Available in a wide variety of sizes and colors
Acme Little Cleo is a metal spoon lure that looks like a fat baitfish acting in an erratic manner, this behavior of lure attracts fish species who strike out of curiosity and anger. You can easily catch white bass with Acme Little Cleo.
- Unique hump-backed shape
- Look likes real fat baitfish
- High-quality metal spoon
- Not good for saltwater
- split rings may get rusted
- breaks easily
- Heckle tail attracts fish
- In-line weighted body
These lures are available in many colors and sizes. Hooks won’t rust after coming in contact with water. In-line weighted body design, copper and silver blades, and hackle tails attract fish very quickly. Different colors and sizes help you out to select the perfect one for your fishing trip.
- Will not be rusted
- Available in different colors
- UV finish
- Brass, silver, and copper blades
- Get snagged easily
- Falls horizontally in the water
- Available in different colors
Leland Lure Trout Magnet Neon Kit available in bright multiple colors and sizes. The special feature about this kit is lure fall horizontally within water that makes it different from other jigs and high-quality plastic won’t tear easily. This kit is perfect to catch every fish however works very well for small and largemouth bass
- Made with high-quality plastic that won’t tear easily
- Good for both small and large white bass
- Weak hooks
- Cannot be used in saltwater
- Gets rusted in saltwater
What is the best lure for white bass?
As per our experience, Leland Lure Trout Magnet Neon Kit has many good features that help you to catch white bass. This kit is available in different colors and sizes and creates a unique spinning action through water which looks real and attracts white bass. This lure is made with High-quality plastic for durability that won’t tear up easily. This kit will be worth buying and will help you by making your fishing trip successful.