Winter is an incredible time for camping, and to make this possible, having the extreme cold weather tent with you helps you get cosy despite the freezing weather conditions outside.
So, to enjoy the most frigid weather camping, whether, with your beloved family, relatives, or friends, we have assembled the selection of best extreme cold weather tents to make camping fun and memorable memories.
Quick Gear Recommendation
Below is a list of our favourite camping gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Festival Tents : Eurmax 10’x10′ Ez Pop-up Canopy Tent
- Best Tent For Motorcycle Camping : Eureka! Solitaire One-person Bivy Style Tent
- Best Tents For Camping With Dogs: The Original-authentic 6-person Cabin Tent
- Best 2 Person Tent Under 100: Wenzel Alpine 3 Person Tent
- Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents: Geertop Backpacking Tent
- Best Lightweight Camping Chair: Coleman Camping Chair
- Best Camping Percolator: Coletti Bozeman Coffee Percolator
- Best Camping Knife: Morakniv Companion Outdoor Knife
- Best Camping
Hatchet: Estwing Sportsman’s Axe
- Best Camping Grill: Coleman Propane Grill
- Best Camping Stove: Primus | Primetech Stove System
- Best Camping Flashlight: J5 Tactical V1-pro Flashlight
- Best Camping Towel: Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Travel Towel
- Best Camping Water Bottle: Yeti Rambler 18oz Bottle
- Best Power Inverter For Camping: Jackery Portable Power Station
- Best Camping Multi Tool: Victorinox Swiss Army Swisstool
So, read through the following review to find out what are the best extreme cold weather tents.
6 Things to Consider When Buying the Best Extreme Cold Weather Tent: A Buyer’s Guide
There are many things to consider when investing in the best extreme cold weather tent. Here are 6 most important thing to look for in the best extreme cold weather tent.
Commonly speaking, winter tents need to be a little more liveable than 3 season tents. In case a storm hits, then spending a few days stuck in your tent can become unfun very fast. You need to have a fantastic book, some entertaining card games, and an incredible cold weather tent that should have the following:
2. Better Ventilation
Having proper ventilation is necessary to keep on top of both condensation and internal frosting. Furthermore, double-wall tents usually have good air circulation that single wall tents.
As with any tent with more space, you will be more comfortable inside the tent. However, a vast open space within your tent will make it hard to warm up your body. Moreover, your tent should have enough space to quickly carry out the tasks that you need to do. Sufficient headspace to sit up and adequate floor room to lay down your sleeping pads should be minimally available.
4. Two Way Entrances If Possible
In case you are sharing a two-person tent, then possessing a second entrance makes things so much comfortable. Furthermore, it is a non-essential feature for bigger tents, but it will surely make things more convenient.
You need to select a dome shape or A-shape tent. Mainly, search for a tent with steep sides rather than a flat canopy because they are best at disposing of excess snow on top of the tent.
4-season tents seem to be more durable, reliable, and thick, so they cost more than the typical 3-season Tent.
FAQs About The Best Extreme Cold Weather Tent
1. How will you survive in a tent in the winter?
You need to put snow around your tent and to keep snow on top of all the material where it comes down to earth. Furthermore, you can use snow pegs or massive blocks of snow to pitch the tent. Moreover, don’t boil water inside the tent.
2. How to keep warm inside the tent in cold weather?
- Never wait until you perceive cold to layer up.
- Always pack a water bottle of hot water.
- Never go to bed cold.
- Invest in down insulation
Review of the 7 Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents
With a title like the “Extreme,” you will expect a tent to withstand anything you could throw. Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent is considered the best option for camping. This 3 season backpacking tent, the Extreme can be best for rough situations. Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent is designed with factory-sealed seams, a coated polyester fly, and its Oxford nylon floor. All these elements make it waterproofing.
Moreover, in all the wet conditions, this tent will keep you dry. Its poles are built from sturdy 7000 series aluminium with 3-pole design. It has a compact dome shape, which provides maximum wind resistance. Furthermore, it offers a two-door system two expansive vestibules for gear storage.
- Weight: 9.25 lbs
- Sleep: 3
- Tent area: 48
- Use Rating: 3 Season
- Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent is an award-winning best waterproof tent.
- Roomy for three persons
- Its vestibules are spacious
- Don’t offer much in terms of insulation
- In the snow, you will need 4-season set up
HILLMAN is another excellent extreme cold weather tent on our list. Hillman has a 20D waterproof layer design that makes it anti-wind, anti storm, anti-snow, and anti sediment. Furthermore, double-layer design makes it appropriate for anti-wind, anti-rain, and breathable. Moreover, its robust design makes it suitable for four seasons and all regions. It also has high stability because of cross aluminium pole design. Hillman contains four corners with rain cover, door pack belt, and guide rope utilizing reflective material for night purpose. Moreover, robust tent feet are dependent on high-density nylon and copper rings, which are anti-tear. It has two closeable ventilation windows on both sides.
- Weight: 6.17 pounds
- Shipping weight: 6.2 pounds
- Low-temperature resistance
- Good waterproof ability
- Better anti-tearing performance
- Feel better, smooth
- Low-temperature resistance
- Better compressive strength
A bit heavier
ALPS Mountaineering is best for two persons as it offers two doors and two vestibules. It provides incredible liveability and 8ft2 more floor area than the Arete. It is a superb introductory winter tent with a very much affordable price. Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 is a bit heavier than its competitors but can be shared in between a couple of People. Its unusual pole configuration gives a better amount of headroom in the middle of the tent and incredible stabilization in the high winds and steep sides.
- Dimensions: 62× 92× 46 inches; 7.9 pounds
- Shipping weight: 8.4 pounds
- Total weight: 7lbs 15
- Base size: 5’2 × 7’8
- Center Height: 46″
- Two vestibules
- Better liveable space
- Stable in high winds
- A bit heavier than its competitors
Geertop Tent is a newer arrival item in the marketplace. 4 Season possess 210T anti-tear checkered polyester, which is coated with a 3000mm water-resistance finish.
Furthermore, a tent constructed from high-quality material, which is entirely rainproof and very lightweight. These features make Geertop super durable and an impenetrable shell from snow or snowmelt. Moreover, its special coating offers incredible UV resistance, and the PU 3000mm water-resistance finish makes it to shed snow and rain rapidly.
Moreover, Greetop Tent features two layers for astonishing weather protection and ventilation. The inner layer is utilized in warm, dry weather for excellent ventilation and peak entertainment of the natural surroundings. Its versatility makes this an incredible tent for four-season camping. Furthermore, its double-stitched seams are sealed to keep the rain out.
- Weight: 6.4 lbs
- Dimensions: Outer layer: 82 Length x 102 Width x 45 Height inches
- Inner layer: 78 length x 55 width x 41 height inches
- Storage duffle bag: 17.3 length x 6.7 inches in diameter
- Season: 4
- Layer: Double
- Outer tent fly: PU 3000mm
- It uses a two-layer design with anti-tear, water-resistance polyester
- Highly Waterproof
- Double layer
- Two doors and two windows
- Greetop’s zippers are not top-notch
FLYTOP is known as the best winter camping dome tents for two people. You can comfortably assemble this and will contain thermal heat during the cold season. During the downpour, its double-stitched seams, water-resistance, and the anti-rain feature will keep you dry. You can enter two-door and two vestibules to store your camping gear. This tent will make your extreme cold weather camping comfortable.
One of the best double wall tents designs will assist you in surviving any weather camping situations. Furthermore, a snow skirt is also one of its best quality aside from its lightweight winter camping livability.
FlYTOP also has a freestanding design and two-sided zip design for maximum convenience. Moreover, the aluminium triangle pegs for tents to keep it sturdy.
- Poles: 2
- Pole type: Aluminum
- Seasons: 3 & 4
- Stakes type: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 59 x 83 in 150 x 210cm
- Height: 45.28 in 115 cm
- Packaged weight: 5.94 lb
- Two doors
- Easily assembled
- With snow skirts qualities
- Windproof and reflective
- Not so many sturdy stakes
- Inadequate ventilation
Crua Duo is an incredible outdoor tent known for its durability. Duo’s copyrighted insulated covering enables the temperature within the canopy while dampening the noise outdoors and stoping any unwanted glare that hinders an excellent sleeping experience. Crua adaptable canopy fits inside the tent for faster insulation. Its material keeps it warm in winter.
Furthermore, Crua Duo 2 person is ideal for hunting, hiking, fishing, base camp, festivals, beach camping, and safari.
- Weight: 2.2 kg/5 lbs
- Footprint: Footprint: 6.8ft long x 4.4ft wide x 4ft
- Sleep: 2 persons
- Floor space: 48 sq. ft
- Highly waterproof
- Flame retardant
- Durable, sturdy, and airframe
- Breathable and well-ventilated interior
- No single person availability
ALPS 3-Person has various features that are amazing for freezing winter. Utilizing 7000 aluminium pole series, which assists stabilize your canopy while severe weather conditions. 4-season comes with an additional pole for the fly, which produces a massive front vestibule to stock up extra gears. It also has a dual entry door opposite to each other. All in all, it is ideal for all sorts of weather conditions.
- Dimensions: 79 x 92 x 54 inches
- Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Shipping weight: 9.9 pounds
- Easily assembled
- Provides faster set up
- Polyester fly water
- UV ray resistant
- Free loft gear
- Has higher peak height
- A bit heavier for backpacking
We have reviewed all the best extreme cold weather tents available at the market today. In our opinion, CRUA Duo is the best winter tent, as its aluminium poles make it sturdy and robust. The wall possesses gear tear strength. You will have an excellent sleeping experience with this tent under harsh climate conditions.
Moreover, be careful and do your research before you purchase. All cold weather tents are not created equal. Always have an analysis and know your needs. All in all, surviving in extreme cold weather conditions gets so tricky without an extreme cold weather tent.