Doesn’t matter if you are a seasoned camper or just a casual adventure seeking guy; if you decide to go on a camping trip, there are some things that you should carry with you. A camping
Quick Gear Recommendation
Below is a list of our favourite camping gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Festival Tents : Eurmax 10’x10′ Ez Pop-up Canopy Tent
- Best Tent For Motorcycle Camping : Eureka! Solitaire One-person Bivy Style Tent
- Best Tents For Camping With Dogs: The Original-authentic 6-person Cabin Tent
- Best 2 Person Tent Under 100: Wenzel Alpine 3 Person Tent
- Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents: Geertop Backpacking Tent
- Best Lightweight Camping Chair: Coleman Camping Chair
- Best Camping Percolator: Coletti Bozeman Coffee Percolator
- Best Camping Knife: Morakniv Companion Outdoor Knife
- Best Camping
Hatchet: Estwing Sportsman’s Axe
- Best Camping Grill: Coleman Propane Grill
- Best Camping Stove: Primus | Primetech Stove System
- Best Camping Flashlight: J5 Tactical V1-pro Flashlight
- Best Camping Towel: Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Travel Towel
- Best Camping Water Bottle: Yeti Rambler 18oz Bottle
- Best Power Inverter For Camping: Jackery Portable Power Station
- Best Camping Multi Tool: Victorinox Swiss Army Swisstool
Before you buy a camping
Here we are going to review following best camping
Title Image View
#VALUE! Estwing Sportsman's Axe - 14" Camping Hatchet... View Price
Coleman Camp Axe View Price
Estwing Camper's Axe - 14" Hatchet with... View Price
M48 Tactical Tomahawk Axe (Black) View Price
Husqvarna 26" Wooden Multi-Purpose Axe View Price
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet... View Price
Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe 19 Inch, 420 View Price
Let’s first look at what are important things that will help you make a better purchasing decision when buying the best camping
4 Important Things you need to Look for When Buying the Best Camping
The weight of the
You have to keep in mind the terrain you are visiting and the kind of work you might need a
2. Quality of Material
A good camping
Out of all these, High Carbon Steel is preferred the most because it is more brittle and offers greater impact force. High Carbon Steel is a durable material suitable for long use.
The handle should have adequate length. So that the proper execution of the work can be done without much effort. A long handle also makes a
Wooden handles are mostly used because they are readily available and cheap. But, they are prone to cracks and rotting. Use of other materials such as Steel, Aluminum, Fiberglass is recommended for the handle. It adds to the durability of the
3. Types of
Hatchets are available in different types. They are differentiated on the basis of their shape and use.
- Tomahawk: Tomahawk is the name given to hatchets used by Native Americans back in history. They are still produced in the modern world because they offer a lightweight solution with better efficiency. They are distinguished because they have a reasonably long handle and a smaller blade. A spike is also made at the back of the blade just for the design.
- Survival Hatchets: As the name suggests, they are not designed for heavy work. They are just there to do the task at the beginner level. You can use it for basic crafting, and they are easy to carry.
Hatchet: It has a tapered head that gradually increases its thickness. It can be used for basic to intermediate tasks such as cutting items, carving woods, and clearing the way.
Hatchet: It is the most advanced version of camping hatchet. It has a long handle that ensures more moment arm and a more powerful shot. The head is made thick that can be used to cut hardwood easily along the grain.
4. Additional Features
A thick head is more ideal for heavy tasks such as splitting big wood logs. The thin head is used for more basic tasks such as carvings, way clearing, and cuttings.
Handforged hatchets are of superior quality than the machine forged ones. But, as the level of effort is more significant, so is the price of hand-forged hatchets.
Good brands offer better pricing and a durable product unless you are looking for a specific model.
A necessary addition would be a cover for the blade or a sheath. It is a must-have accessory from the safety point of view.
The built-in fire starter is a must-have feature for a survival grade
FAQs About Best Camping
1. What is the difference between a
hatchet and an axe?
2. What kind of tasks need the use of a
You can use the
3. Should I buy a thin headed
hatchet or thick-headed?
The answer depends upon your usage and budget. If you can afford, get a thick-headed one so that it can be used in any kind of scenario that might occur during your trip. However, a thick-headed
4. What is the best camping
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival
5. Which is the best
6. Who makes the best camp, AXE?
Here are some of the top brands producing camping axes Estwing sportsman axes Fiskars Coleman camp axe Schrade fully tang hatchets.
7. Is there a difference between an AXE and a
For the general public, both the axe and
What is the difference between AXE and
Here we have listed 8 best camping hatchets and reviewed them to help you make the right choice when buying one for your next trip.
Review of the 10 Best Camping
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Ax has a great looking design. Alongside looks, it can do almost every primary task you are going to throw at it. It is a small and portable
The workmanship from Gerber is exquisite.
- Comes with a Bear Grylls Survival Guide
- Military-grade Sheath included
- Sharp blade for easy splitting
- Non-slip TPE coated grip
- A lightweight and portable option
- The blade needs to be sharpened on and off
- Length of handle is minimal
Crafted as a one-piece, Estwing Sportsman’s
At its price, Estwing Sportsman Axe offers the best value for money.
- Stylish looks
- Strong and durable one-piece design
- Hand sharpened blade
- Ballistic nylon sheath included
- Genuine Leather Grip
- Rugged build
- Not well-sharpened out of the box blade
- Length of handle is not much
Coleman never disappoints with its camping gear. This camp axe is also a reliable product from an experienced company. It does not offer a fresh design; however, Coleman makes up for it with its exceptional performance. This rough-looking
It is priced much lower than its competitors. If all you need is a cheap blade just to do the job, Coleman Camp Axe is your pick.
- Much cheaper than the others
- Non-sticking grip
- More extended handle for easy use
- Carbon steel axe head
- Stake puller notch in the head
- Unsharpened blade out of the box
- Heavier due to steelhead
Estwing has already entered the competition with a great Sportsman Axe. This is another excellent product from the company. Estwing’s Camper Axe uses one-piece construction, just like the Sportman Axe for durability and long life. The raw material used for its construction is high carbon steel. High carbon steel is a brittle material, and it chops off wood clean and clear. The handle of Camper’s Axe is worth noticing. It offers a shock-free grip to protect your hand and wrist from shocks if you are using it for prolonged tasks. The grip is skid-less so that it does not slip from the hand and shock-resistant, it reduces the impact of vibration significantly. It has a long length for comfortable extended use. A nylon sheath is included for added safety.
The downside is that it is a heavy-duty axe. It weighs a lot more than the others, but it is compensated as the performance is unmatched.
- High-carbon steel construction
- One-piece structure for durability
- Thick axe head
- Shock-absorbing, non-skidding handle
- Heavy-duty sheath included
- Weighs a lot
- Paints wear off easily
No one beats the M48 Tactical Tomahawk Axe in terms of the badass looks. It is one of the reliable options available to buy with an exceptional performance apart from the looks. Its stylish and elegant design make it stand out from the rest. The sharp steelhead is good at performing beginner to intermediate level tasks. There are three holes carved in the head for a balanced distribution of the impact force. It is just not rated for cutting wood and other tasks. It is sharp enough to protect you from any wild animal. This lethal tool is a must pick for a survival trip. The handle is made using reinforced glass fiber, and it long enough for use. However, it does not uses one-piece construction. Instead, the connection between handle and head is made using the rivets. This is not a desired assembly as the breakage of the bond renders the Axe useless.
The skid-less grip is made easy to hold in hand with a hold in the base for easy carry. A durable nylon sheath for the blade is also included.
- Badass looks
- Suitable for camping and survival both
- Lightweight and portable axe
- Great value for money
- Sharp and strong blade
- The grip could use some more improvement
- Rivet connection can break under stress
Husqvarna Wooden Multi-purpose Axe is designed for entry-level users that need a tool for basic tasks. It looks like a traditional old hammer in the first look, but there is much more to it than that. The handle has a characteristic curve for added comfort in the use. The 3″ long Swedish Steel head weighs more than the other options. It is excellent at chopping huge logs of wood or clearing the blocked way. But this exceptional performance comes at the expense of portability and weight. As the massive steel heads add a lot of load to your backpack. To keep the price minimum, Husqvarna uses wood to make the handle rather than nylon or fiberglass. The handle is long enough to add enough power to your shot. Leather made sheath is provided for covering the blade. The connection between the handle and the head is strong enough to resist the blows.
- Long handle
- Strong Swedish forged steel head
- Leather sheath included
- Great price
- Easy to use
- The wooden handle is not a durable option
- Basic dull looks
Another basic looking
The blade and handle need proper care and attention as both materials are prone to rust and other issues under the effect of water.
- Lightweight and slim
- Sharpened blade out of the box
- Long curved handle
- Vegetable-tanned leather sheath
- High-level craftsmanship
- Needs care as the blade is prone to rust
- Thin handle
- Lacks one-piece design
SOG Survival Hawk offers the best performance plus looks combo out of all the options. It is a beautiful looking tool with a high-grade military look and exceptional craftsmanship.
It uses Tomahawk style with the blade (spike) extended in the backward direction as well. SOG Survival Hawk has plenty of distinguishing features that make it stand out from the rest. Being a survival
It is lightweight and a balanced
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Great value for money
- Stainless Steel Head
- Comfortable Grip
- Long handle for a smooth swing
- Built-in fire starter
- Lightweight tool
- Paracord is prone to loosening
- Not very good at chopping huge logs of wood
Are you looking for an ideal
Finally, coming towards its multi-coated low friction blades and lifetime guarantee, these two exceptional properties make this Fiskars
- Low friction blades
- Comes with blade grinding technology
- Steel blades may feel softer and prone to damage
- Not suitable for more massive logs cutting
Getting Schrade full-tang
The highly durable blade and a reliable rubber handle make it a perfect camping partner. A belt is most interestingly attached to this
Fundamentally, we can say that Schrade full-tang
- Highly compact
- Full tang ax shape design
- Nonslip rubber grip
- Belt attached
- Cannot split more massive logs
If you want an ultra-light and compact camping axe partner, you should definitely go for a parahatchet camping axe by UST. It is said to be one of the most medially designed axe for outdoor enthusiasts. It is specially designed to perform several outdoor activities. Though it may not work for more massive logs, it is a worthy buying option for the smaller logs. You may use this wonderfully designed axe as a fire starter or for protection purposes. A stainless steel blade fully coated with black oxide ensures to give a wonderful experience in every usage. Additional features of this great axe include a great rope cutter with three hexagonal wrenches. You can use for cutting smaller pieces of ropes to adjust your camping tents. And hexagonal wrenches can be used as openers also you can use it for opening your cans.
Its amazingly sharp blade gives a smooth cutting experience; you can also use it for your safety. Collectively, this uniquely designed axe is a worth buying option for every camper or outdoor adventurers.
- Highly mobile
- Affordable price
- Compact and light-weighted
- It does not give swinging motion
- A cord wrap is not tight enough.
Elk Ridge is an altogether handsome and stylish axe especially designed for outdoor usage. In addition to this, its good quality and durable blades ensure to provide you with easy use and is corrosion resistant. Its unique design and fantastic durability make it a multipurpose axe. You can mostly use it for your outdoor activities such as hiking, hunting, fishing, and military tactics. The razor-sharp blade also gives a zero. Overall 10.5 inches long axe can be the perfect travel partner on your every trip or adventure. It’s another fantastic and eye-catching feature includes its wooden handle that is durable enough. It will never slip on your hand even in damp conditions. Along with this, a nylon sheath can be the plus point for you to carry it along in your bag pack.
Fundamentally, elk ridge is a perfect outdoor axe for camping and all of the other outdoor activities. Also, you can feel free to carry this amazing axe alongside while hiking or camping. Its lightweight made it most recommended of all.
- Highly sharp blades
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Full tang construction
- It may not be suitable for long logs splitting.
Good quality nylon belt is attached, which makes it portable enough. You can hang it like a cross body so that it is easily approachable every time. Moreover, a hammering pommel is also present as a plus point that can be used to do any of your outdoor tasks while camping. We may say that you should go for SOG tactical
- Highly compact
- Exceptionally light weighted
- Comes with a carrying belt
- A hammering pommel is also present
- Not fully tang that may reduce its efficiency.
Picking the best camping
It is tested and approved by the famous Bear Grylls himself for use in the wild with a futuristic design. The rubberized grip offers a secure connection even in wet conditions. Its less weight makes it a compact and portable option to carry. Out of the box, a sharp razor blade can do all the tasks efficiently without breaking a sweat. To add to the durability and ensure long term use, Gerber uses a one-piece construction technique.
Gerber Survival Axe can do all the necessary tasks. At this price point, the combination of sleek design with a strong performance makes it stand out from the rest of the options.