Bluefish are tricky to catch, but with the best bluefish lures, we can not be bothered. These strong fighters require upgraded tackle that is resistant against their attacks, for this fast-paced lure; flash and vibration will work best. There are a number of effective Best bluefish lures, which we will discuss here.
QUICK GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
Below is a list of our favourite fishing gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Fishing Reel: Penn Squell Level
- Baits For Rainbow Trout: Berkley Power Bait
- Best Indore Fishing Rod: Royale Legend
- Best Ultralight Fishing Rod: KastKing Perigee II
- Best Spinning Reel Under 100: Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Best Walleye Trolling Lure: Original Floater Fishing Lure
- Best Pike Lure: Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Best Fishing Kayak under 1000: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- Best Fishing Kayak under 300: Sun Dolphin Journey 10
- Best Fishing Wader: HODGMAN H3 STOCKING FOOT CHEST WADER
- Best Fishing Gloves: BERKLEY FISHING GLOVES
- Best Fishing Cooler: AO Coolers Sportsman Vinyl Soft Cooler
- Best Portable Fish Finder: Reel Sonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Sonar
- Best Inflatable Fishing Boat: Sea Eagle Green
- Best Fluorocarbon Line: KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line
TIPS OF CATCHING BLUEFISH
Catching Blue Fish can be exciting at any time. You can catch Bluefish by using artificial lures and trolling. It can strike at anything, and because of that, fishers use wire leaders to protect themselves from the sharp teeth of Bluefish. There are several Fishing methods like trolling or casting jiggling, live and dead bait fishing from boats. Live baits work best, but plugs, lures, or feathers can also be used. It is also essential to know the behavior of Bluefish so you can determine how and when to catch them.
Many species decide to appear on their own time. It may be early morning, dusk, during low light conditions or on an overcast day. But Bluefish can be available at any time, although catching them during a day even in summers can be the best time.
Bluefish are fighters or attackers. They can attack at any lure or bait. Bucktails, spoons, and metal lures work best for them. You have to be prepared with your equipment. You must have wire leaders with high durability because their sharp teeth are capable of cutting 80lb Fluorocarbon leaders. A seven-foot rod and standard size reel will work fine.
BEST LURE FOR BLUEFISH
Their favorite food is baitfish. Anglers use many types of artificial baits, but live baits are best to catch them. Menhaden and eels are the first choices of Bluefish. Another option is you can also use cut baits. Cut baits are the best attraction for Bluefish because of the oil of the lures and “scent hunt” prey. Try chunks within the shape of small baits; otherwise, you can go for whole dead baits like minnows.
HOW TO CHOOSE LURES FOR BLUEFISH
There are many efficient lures we should use to catch Bluefish. They bite anything that is flashing in front of their face; however, you need to correctly choose your lure. Otherwise, the sharp teeth of them will bite off your lure very quickly.
LURES WE SHOULD USE
The lure material should be made of metal, or if it is plastic, then it should be hard enough that it would not be torn up easily. Soft plastic material lure tears up easily, and you cannot use them in your next catch. BuckTails, wobblers, crankbait, and spoons are the best choices to catch Bluefish because these types of lures are specially designed for them. These lures fly out like a bullet; the Bucktail is most popular to catch any kind of fish species, especially Bluefish because this lure is has excellent durability.
LURES WE SHOULD NOT USE
We should not use painted or plastic stuff lures. Soft plastic stuff lure can work well because they look real and move nicely through water, but they tear up quickly, and you cannot use them on your next fishing trip. Durability must be checked before buying any lure and especially if your target is the trickiest fish, so you have to choose lures according to your fishing situation.
FAQs about the Bluefish lures
What are the qualities of the best lure?
What is the most common lure used for Bluefish?
- Metal material and hard plastic lure work best for Bluefish
How many times can lures be used in saltwater only?
- It depends on the quality of lure some lures are made for exceptional durability, and some can be destroyed after one use.
Reviews of best bluefish lures:
- Creates a unique spinning action
- Hackle Tail
- Silver Brass and Copper Blades
Yakima bait wordens original rooster tail spinner lure comes with many sizes and different colors including tinsel tails. This lure consistently catches fish because it creates unique spinning action which attracts fish faster. This lure can catch any kind of fish, small sunfish, and bass.
- Can catch small sunfish and every kind of bass
- Is of Great quality
- Available in 10 different sizes
- Not so good to catch bass because of size
- Quality is not so good
- Heavy spinning
- 2 ounces
- Made to last
- Produces wild action without line twist
- Attracts large and small saltwater species
Acme Kastmaster Lure with BuckTail Hook is the best lure for surf, jetty, casting for bass and bluefish. It never fails to catch fish because the bucktail gives the right amount of action. This lure produces wild action without line twist, thanks to its aerodynamic design. It works great in both fresh and saltwater.
- It won’t break easily
- Ideal for stripers
- Good for lighter tackle
- sharp hook
- Split rings may rust
- Hook is mediocre
- Bucktail may fell off easily
- Instant spinning within the water
- Treble hook at the bottom
- Convex-concave blades
- Razor-sharp hooks
Martin is a big-name brand, they all are well known to catch tons of fish. You can catch all kinds of fish on these lures. You can use this as a spin cast and bait cast. They are lightweight and available in different sizes. Fish want to go after the easiest meal and this is going to be one to catch them.
- Many options of colors
- Spin nice in the water
- Teardrop weighs
- Less expensive
- The hook is not made for saltwater
- Does not have swivel
- Rusts easily
- bluefish can be caught easily
- Works great in saltwater
- Appears smaller to the fish
Mepps aglia dressed treble fishing lure is most popular among fishermen because no lure works for the same variety of species like this one. The best thing about Mepps aglia is they can catch any freshwater and saltwater species. This is the best lure you can keep in your tackle box if you want to catch small and largemouth fish species.
- Can catch large fish easily
- Perfect for bluefish and small stream fishes
- works well in fresh and saltwater
- made of low-quality material
- Not durable
- High-quality Plastic
- Bright colors
- falls horizontally within the water
Leland Lures Trout Magnet Neon Kit available in bright multiple colors and high-quality plastic that won’t tear easily that is why it works well for bluefish. It falls horizontal within the water which makes this bluefish magnet different from other jigs. The pink color grub could work well if you wanted to catch bluefish. This magnet catches almost every fish or you can choose your color of grub according to the fishing situation.
- Pocket Size
- Good for both small and largemouth bass
- Cannot work well in a lake
- The hook might break sometime
Bluefish is not an easy catch which a fisherman knows, that is why every fisherman searches for the best lures for their tackle box to have good fishing experience. Panther Martin is a clear winner among all these lures. Martin gives us a guarantee by using it we can surely catch fish and this comes out a true claim of martin’s brand. It is because these lures have great spinning action in the water. This lure can be your go-to lure because of the variety of colors and sizes. These can also be used as a bait caster and spin caster. They worked great to catch any kind of species whether it is bluefish or any other fish. Could be used in saltwater and freshwater as well. When it comes to price it is the most affordable and worth buying lure.