Camping and Grilling are two different things that go hand in hand. Who does not want hot food during camping trips? It is necessary to take quality products with yourselves on camping. The type and quality of your equipment can makeup or ruin your camping experience. Grills are one of the best cooking equipment. One can take with them on camping. A high-quality grill can make a memorable lunch or dinner for your companions. You may read the reviews of the following best camping grills:
Title Image View
Coleman Propane Grill | Roadtrip LXE Portable... View Price
Blackstone Table Top Grill - 17 Inch Portable... View Price
Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill,... View Price
Coleman Propane Grill | Roadtrip LXE Portable... View Price
Coleman Fold N Go + Propane Grill View Price
Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane... View Price
Cuisinart CGG-200 All Foods Tabletop Gas... View Price
Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas... View Price
I have created this informational buying guide to help you in hunting a great grill. Here, I will help you to look for dos and don’ts when picking a grill. There are lots of important things that you should consider before buying a grill. Let’s have a look at important details about the best camping grill.
Things to Consider Before Buying Camping Grill
There are so many camping grills available in the market. And it is normal to become overwhelmed. Sometimes, we become so frustrated about having so many options. But, there are some general important things that you should keep in mind.
Always buy a camping grill that suits your cooking style. 3 different types of camping grills are available in the market. You can choose one that you find best.
- Charcoal Grills: this is a popular choice for people who prefer smoky flavor in their food. Many customers also buy charcoal trays for their gas camping grills.
- Gas Grills: it is the most popular and frequently used camping grill among people. Gas grills deliver exceptional flavor and durability.
- Pellet Grills: it is also another great option. You can go for pellet grills if you love hardwood aroma in your food.
Always Check Components
No matter, if you are buying a camping grill or any other cooking equipment. It is necessary to look for their components. There are several important components that you should look before buying a grill. For example
- Carefully, check the quality of burner. (check if they are manufactured with stainless steel material or not.)
- Check if your grill has thick grates or thin.
- What is the grill cooking system? Is it direct heat, indirect heat, or the combination of both?
- Stainless steel grade and grill body
Modern camping grills bring so many amazing features for you. Amazing features that you should look before buying a grill are
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Side burners
- Infrared burners
- Heat shielding
- Interior halogen lights for heating grills at night
- Decent workmanship and high versatility
- Cast iron, cast aluminum enamel-bonded steel and stainless steel body structure
- Sturdy legs
- Side shelves for holding spices and accessories
These are the main features that any camping grill must-have. Carefully check the product before buying it. And makes sure if it fulfills your needs or not.
Best Camping Grills Review
This propane grill is ideal for picnicking, hiking, and camping. This portable RoadTrip grill has 285 square inches of the surface. This Coleman LXE variant delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat at one time. This product has interchangeable Swaptop cooktops. This feature allows you to switch grills grates easily.
You don’t need to carry a lighter and matchbox with this grill. This portable camping grill has an instastart ignition system. This grill has a collapsible design that easily fits into a car trunk. It has large handles and wheels for easy pulling. You can easily fold this camping grill in a compact size.
This Coleman product is easily portable and does not need hours for setup. It delivers steady heat with its PerfectFlow Pressure Control System. This camping grill has 2 cast iron porcelain coated grates. This camping grill is large enough to cook for your whole family and group.
- It is easily portable and folds in a compact size
- This camping grill has ceramic cooktop and steel body frame
- It delivers excellent durability and evenly distributes heat
- It has a collapsing design and its setup in just a matter of seconds
- The fast ignition system fires up the system in a snap
- You can easily change the temperature with the front knob
- This Coleman grill is available at a great price and delivers excellent performance.
- This camping grill is compatible with many accessories. But the only downfall is that it doesn’t come up with any of these.
This Blackstone camping grill is convenient and easily portable. This grill features an electric ignitor and 1 pound propane bottles. This might be the best camping grill with its built-in grease catcher. This variant is perfect for road trips, hiking, camping, and outdoor cooking. You can easily carry this camping grill by hand.
For saving space, you can store the griddle upside down on top of other body structures. The tabletop gas grill makes cleaning easy. It creates no fuss, and you only have to wipe the top griddle with a cloth.
This premium Blackstone camping grill offers 260 square inches. It has a versatile and durable cooking surface that delivers excellent performance. This camping grill has a stainless steel burner that heats up evenly and quickly.
- This portable camping grill has 12,000 BTU heat output
- The stainless steel grill has an H shape burner
- The surface offers great durability and versatility.
- It is easy-to-store, and you can easily store griddle upside down.
- This premium camping grill has 260 square inches surface.
- It has a quick electric ignition that burns up quickly.
- This camping grill has one-pound propane bottles at the side.
- This camping grill is not sturdy, and it easily falls on the ground.
- This camping grill has a rough body design.
- It is expensive as compared to other
This stainless steel burner is portable and easy-to-handle. This premium Weber camping grill produces 8500BTU heat per hour. This camping grill has 189 square inch cooking surface. This Weber cooking skillet is easy to assemble, and it folds in a compact size. It has porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
This premium grade camping grill has a cast-iron aluminum lid for covering food. This camping grill has an auto electric ignition system. The infinite control burner value settings allow you to cook food on different heats.
3d Interactive assembly instruction manual is available for this propane camping grill. This product features folding side tables and a built-in thermostat lid. With a removable catch pan, this camping grill has re-enforced glass-nylon body frame.
- This is a simple camping grill and no needs wood and charcoal for burning
- It is manufactured with a stainless steel solid material.
- It is an iconic duo with heat-retaining ceramic grates.
- It has a sturdy and simple design
- The side legs are easily removable
- It has a domed lid that traps enough heat for cooking food
- This camping grill has no side table for holding accessories
- This propane grill doesn’t have any compatible cabinet for storage
This propane grill from Coleman is compatible and easily foldable camping equipment. This compact camping grill has a built-in handle for easy storage and transportation. This stainless steel camping grill delivers 6000 BTUs of heat per hour. This easily adjustable camping grill has 105 square grilling surfaces.
For precise temperature settings, this product comes up with an adjustable horseshoe burner. It has an instant start ignition button. So, you don’t need a lighter or matchbox for lighting it up. The precise burner control allows you to effectively control the heating settings. An instantly removable dishwasher allows you to clean all mess in a swift move after cooking.
- This grill folds up in a thin and compact package
- This camping grill has a built-in handle for easy transportation.
- The grill has precise grates, and it produces 6000BTUs heat per hour.
- This camping grill has an adjustable horseshoe burner.
- For even heating, this camping grill has an instant ignition button.
- This camping grill does not come up with side accessories.
- The handle of this camping grill is made up of low-quality material.
This is a stainless steel camping grill from Weber that produces 8500 BTU heat. This Chrome propane liquid grill comes up with a 189 square inches cooking surface. This camping grill has precise porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates. The cast aluminum lid and body structure make it easy for you to cook on camping trips.
This camping grill comes fully assembled out of the box. This camping liquid grill has push-button ignition for quick heat up. The precise control burner value setting allows you to set the heat for camping grill. This Weber camping grill works on liquid petroleum gas. The Weber Liquid Gas Q100 propane grill does not require charcoal and fire pits.
- This camping grill is made up of stainless steel material
- It has 189 square inches cooking surfaces
- This liquid propane camping grill produces 8500BTUs heat per hour
- This camping grill comes up for cast aluminum lid for covering food
- This product is suitable for road trips, camping, picnicking and outdoor cooking.
- For using the best of this grill, you have to preheat this camping grill
- It is not as versatile and durable as other products
- This camping grill is expensive as compared to other similar products
This CG-200 Cuisinart camping grill has a modular-grill surface. This camping grill has easily removable panels. The legs are firmly attached to the sides of the grill. This glass camping grill comes up with easy storage and cleaning purposes. A removable drip tray allows you to clean all mess after cooking.
This tabletop gas grill has a stainless steel burner that produces 12000BTU per hour. For easy startups, this camping grill has twist-grill ignition. This cooking grill has porcelain enameled cast iron coated grits. It has folding side shelves for saving space. This propane tank has a temperature gauge for quick heat-ups.
- This camping grill is lightweight and easily portable
- This camping grill is collapsible, and it has adjustable legs
- The folding shelves allow you to save space
- The burner produces 12000 BTU per hour
- This camping grill has twist-grill ignition for quick and evenly spread heating.
- Speaking about the size, the grates of this grill are small as compared to others
- This camping grill is expensive relative to other similar products
This 160-inches porcelain-enameled cooking grate gives you spacious space for cooking. This Cuisinart Gourmet Petit gas grill features 5500 BTU heat per hour. It has an easy-to-twist electric ignition button for quick heat up. This Gourmet Gas Grill only weighs 17lbs. It has a brief-case type handle for easy handling and transportation.
This Glass Gas Gourmet Grill is perfect for decks, picnicking, road trips, and camping. This grill has a freestanding design and accommodates it with 4 to 6 people at one time. It has an integrated lock lid that allows you to cover your food. This camping grill has a drip tray for collecting grease and other cooking debris.
- This glass gas camping grill only weighs 17lbs
- It has a collapsible design
- This product has easily adjustable legs
- This camping grill has an easy-twist ignition
- This product has a brief-case style handle for easy transportation
- This glass camping grill is expensive as compared to other products
- It has a simple single 5500BTU burner
- This camping grill is far too small for cooking for the whole group
One of the best camping grills that are perfect for outdoors is 18-Inch Portable Table Top, gas portable grill by Royal Gourmet. This portable grill has a porcelain-enameled griddle top that helps in making the meat more tender and locking the juices.
Moreover, it provides 221 square inches of cooking area, which is enough to cook eight patties at a time. Due to that, you can use this grill for tailgating, camping and picnicking. This grill can also set up with 1 pound propane canisters for fuel. It is a portable grill that is easy to store and convenient to transport. Also, it has sturdy feet that enhances stability and can fit in a car trunk.
Further, this griddle can heat up fast and cook evenly. You can cook instantly with just a push of a button ignition; the grill will be ready with a push to the integrated piezo igniter. The temperature is adjustable; it can go as high or low as you want. Also, the heat transfer is quick and easy due to the 12,000-BTU rectangle-shaped burner.
Additionally, it is easy to clean this camping griddle. It contains a slide-out stainless-steel grease tray that is also removable. This tray collects the oil and grease while cooking and makes it easy to clean. Also, the griddle top washes up by getting detached from it. You can assemble and set up this portable grill without any issues.
- It is easy to use and cook with 12,000 BTU cooking power
- This portable grill is comfortable to carry around
- It can set up with 1 pound propane canisters
- The cooking surface is 221 square inch
- It is a well-built and sturdy grill
- The grill top is detachable and easy to wash
- It is a bit heavier than other camping grills
- Sometimes, the ignition button does not work properly
9. 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill From Weber
This one of the best camping grills by Weber is perfect whether you plan to cook food at home or go camping. The built of this Weber grill is sturdy and engineered with no nuts and bolts. Also, it includes a rectangular plated steel cooking grate that offers a cooking area of 160 square inch. This cooking surface is quite large and can cook at least four medium steaks at a time.
The locking lid of the pivoting legs keeps it locked in place. So that its portability enhances and you can stow it away in a compact area. Moreover, it is a lightweight and portable charcoal grill that is easy to carry. It has built-in lid hangers that allow the resting of the lid on the side of this charcoal grill. These hangers help in creating a significant barrier against the wind.
Additionally, the lid includes a glass-reinforced nylon handle, which stays cool while you cook food on the grill. Two of the adjustable dampers help in regulating the airflow. Each of the dampers come with almost three holes for venting. Further, the triple-nickel-coated steel grate makes this charcoal grill easy to clean. The porcelain-enameled steel lid prevents the grill from corrosion and fading. Out of all the best camping grills, it is a built to last charcoal grill.
- The cooking surface available is 160 square inch
- It is easy to use and clean charcoal grill
- One of the best portable and lightweight camping grills
- The plated steel legs come with a locking lid to secure in a small place
- A glass-reinforced nylon handle remains cool while you cook
- Two adjustable dampers for venting and airflow
- Porcelain-enameled steel lid is anti-corrosive and prevents fading
- The stainless steel grate can rust up
- The handles do not install properly due to improper screwing
- It does not come with any foldable arms to make the set up easy
Another one of the best portable camping grills by Cuisinart is CGG-180T Portable Propane, Petit Gourmet Tabletop Gas Grill. This compact and high-performance grill cook the food exactly as you want. Also, its small design is highly convenient and adjustable anywhere. You can put this gas grill wherever you deem fit. However, its compact format does not take away its cooking performance.
You can cook large family meals on this cooking grill. Its ample cooking grate can accommodate eight steaks, eight hamburgers, 6 – 10 chicken breasts, or over 4-Pound of fish. Also, it has 145 square inch of cooking surface. Unlike other small camping grills, it is durable and sturdy. You can fuel it up with propane. It also features the ignition with a twist to light it up easily. Folding legs, grill lid lock, carrying handle, and the spill-resistant drip tray of the grill all increase its portability.
Moreover, this gas grill can heat real-quick and uses less gas than any full-sized grill. Its compact size does not let the heat go anywhere and keep it near the cooking surface. That is why, it becomes more energy-efficient than any other large grills, Also, whether you are at home or plan to cook at the beach, hiking, tailgating, or camping, it will be a perfect grill. It is easy to carry around, transport and fits perfectly in small spaces.
Additionally, it is an easy to wash and clean grill with a removable grate that is safe from the dishwasher. With a powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and porcelain-enameled grate, it cooks the food evenly at both low and high temperature. It sets up quickly with the Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet. Also, an integrated locking lid keeps the lid securely in one place. The carrying case comes in briefcase style and weighs around 13.5 pounds.
- It has a durable and reliable construction
- The compact size enhances its portability and transportability
- It is easy to use and clean grill
- This camp stove features an ignition that twists for quick lightening
- One of the best portable and lightweight camping grills
- It comes with high cooking performance despite its small size
- The Aluminum legs keep it stabilized with a lid lock
- It is an energy-efficient grill and uses less fuel
- The dripping catcher has a small capacity
- The handle can melt off in high heat
- It is a bit expensive than other grills
Above, I have mentioned the best camping grills that you can select for yourself. RoadTrip LXE Portable Propane Grill from Coleman is one of my top picks from the above list. This Coleman propane grill might be best for camping grill for you. It is not only affordable but easy to transport. This stainless steel camping grill has a comfortable handle for easy carrying. The porcelain-coated surface has a dishwashing tray for collecting grease and cooking mess. In the last, don’t forget to do your own search before buying. Pay complete attention to the technologies and specifications of the product. And always go for the one that meets with your requirements.