- Ugly Stik Catfish Spinning Rods
- Okuma Battle Cat Catfish Spinning Rod
- Abu Garcia Catfish Commando Fishing Rod
- KastKing KatTech Catfish Rod
- Ugly Stik Catfish Fishing Combo
- St.Croix Avid Graphite Spinning Fishing Rod
- Team Catfish Rods Thunder
- Eagle Claw Catclaw Casting Rod
- St. Croix Mojo Cat Casting Rod
- BnM Silver Cat Elite Catfish Rod
QUICK GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
Below is a list of our favourite fishing gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Fishing Reel: Penn Squell Level
- Baits For Rainbow Trout: Berkley Power Bait
- Best Indore Fishing Rod: Royale Legend
- Best Ultralight Fishing Rod: KastKing Perigee II
- Best Spinning Reel Under 100: Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Best Walleye Trolling Lure: Original Floater Fishing Lure
- Best Pike Lure: Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Best Fishing Kayak under 1000: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- Best Fishing Kayak under 300: Sun Dolphin Journey 10
- Best Fishing Wader: HODGMAN H3 STOCKING FOOT CHEST WADER
- Best Fishing Gloves: BERKLEY FISHING GLOVES
- Best Fishing Cooler: AO Coolers Sportsman Vinyl Soft Cooler
- Best Portable Fish Finder: Reel Sonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Sonar
- Best Inflatable Fishing Boat: Sea Eagle Green
- Best Fluorocarbon Line: KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line
Buyers Guide for Buying the Best Catfish Rods
Frequently Asked Questions about Fishing Rods for Catfish
1. What Kind Of Rod Do You Use For Catfish?
There are different species of catfish that call for other techniques and fishing rods. In most situations, I use a medium or medium-heavy action, which is best for channel catfish. For blue and flathead catfish, a massive medium step is most often used.
2. What is the best pound test line for catfish?
While catfish are not line-shy so you can utilize the light or heavy fishing line according to the situation, moreover, high strength, small-diameter monofilaments testing 15 to 25 pounds are excellent cheap choices for all-round use. When hunting big boys, you may have to upgrade 30-40, even an 80-pound test.
3. What is the best depth to catch catfish?
Most of the catfishing I do for channel catfish is performed in water five feet deep or less. A far more effective rig for channel catfish in shallow water is a slip bobber rig if you are not a secret catfish rig.
4. What is the best month to catch catfish?
Catfish are caught throughout the year, but the late spring and summer months provide the best opportunity to catch catfish around the clock. However, summer months are the best time to find catfish.
The 10 Best Catfish Rods Review
Ugly Stik is usable in deep water as its measurement is 7 inches long. Generally, catfishes like to resting below the water, and many rods may not catch it. You can found by this product.
Its tip is bright and doesn’t scare the fish away. The catfish will not recognize its presence of this rod in the water.
Rod is very sensitive, as whenever it catches the Catfish, a signal is relayed to the user abruptly.
Furthermore, ugly Stik is of stainless steel, which high resistant to water and rust.
Moreover, it contains a durable aluminium spool that assists in putting it in proper working.
So, the product is durable and will work for a long-lasting time, with proper care.
Pros and Cons
- It is best for fishing where there are bigger fishes.
- Durable and sensitive
- Best for deeper water
- Product of stainless steel
- It is resistant to water and rust
- It will make noise, if not adjust correctly.
The rod comes with a durable E-glass rod blank and dual-footed stainless steel guides. It will provide you with the skill which you require to conquer those hard fishes.
Its tenacious backbone provides unwavering strength for reeling in large fish.
The fishing rod has a comfortable EVA fore grip and cork rear grip, which shapes it easier to manage.
Pros and Cons
- It comes in two different sizes with unique tensile strengths.
- The Okuma battle catfish I robust, durable, and sensitive to fish bite.
- It contains a hook keeper as well.
- It’s very much portable as it is a two-piece rod.
- EVA foregrip and cork rear grip provide you best control over its handle
- Its cost may be a little high.
It comes with heavy-duty stainless steel guides and high- density EVA split grips that will hold up to the massive and most strong Catfishes.
Abu Garcia comes with a ratio of 5.1:1 gear ratio bait caster reel that possesses two stainless steel ball bearings and a carbon matrix.
Furthermore, it has a hybrid drag system to ensure regular and smooth drag across the entire drag range.
Pros and Cons
- Designed explicitly for Catfish anglers
- Offers durable stainless steel guides
- Its weight is quite light
- Its baitcasting reel is excellent for perfect casts and provides a smooth and regular drag
- Garcia also has a blank composite construction
- Its can be a little bit high
The rod is composed of a graphite/S-Glass blend that provides you with the top of both worlds.
It is excellent for all-day use because of its lightweight but with many of backbone and durability.
Its 24T Graphite and linear S-Glass blend provide a lot of sensitivity through the rod tip. Yet it still have the strength of more conventional complete S-Glass blanks.
KastKing KatTech offers heavy-duty Fuji double-footed guides and SiC rings. It can stand upfront to massive loads and use heavy braided fishing lines.
Pros and Cons
- Designed out of 24 Graphite
- It has Fuji double foot guides
- A best-hit product in the market
- Contains strike tip
- May be little costly
This brand features durable Ugly Tuff stainless steel guides due to which it is easy to cast and retrieve the line.
Durable stainless steel guides make it much more sensitive.
Furthermore, it has massive sized handle knobs to provide you with more fighting strength when handling giant size catfishes.
Moreover, the Combo offers with a size of 50 Spinning reel that contains a durable aluminium spool.
Pros and Cons
- Ugly Stik Catfish Spinning rod is sturdy and durable
- It is designed for Catfish which put up a fight
- The rod also has a massive handle knob and a durable reel.
- It is easily affordable
- Its size is enormous which makes it difficult to transport
St. Croix is an incredible way for beginning anglers to dip their toe inside the catfishing sport.
- This catfish rod is straightforward to use because it has fewer chances of technical issues than baitcasting rigs.
- St. Croix is an excellent choice for anglers who prefer to use spinning rather than baitcasting gear.
- This Avid series spinning includes rods of various lengths, powers, and actions.
- It also has premium, high-modulus graphite construction that makes sure you will know the lightest nibbles.
- High-modulus and high-strain SCIII graphite of rod deliver incredible power and sensitivity.
- It’s heavy-duty cork handles gives a comfortable grip and lasts for years.
- Moreover, this catfish rod has excellent lightweight design as most 7-foot models have weighed between 2.6 and 4.3 pounds.
- It’s a double-coated finish. Make sure the rod will look fantastic for a long time.
- Furthermore, IPC transitional points in the rod blank for smooth performance, better strength and enhanced sensitivity.
- Besides, Fuji Alconite guides and real seats provide reliability.
- Its handles are made of select-grade cork.
- It is constructed in the USA.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty.
Pros and Cons
- It is designed with advanced graphite construction.
- It’s high-modulus, and high-quality strain graphite fiver gives sensitivity.
- It is pretty much lightweight with excellent durability.
- It comes with integrated poly curve tooling technology that provides smoother actions, enhanced strength, and sensitivity.
- This rod also has slim-profile ferrules.
- Has Fuji Alconite guide system and black frames.
- St. Croix also offers Fuji SKM reel seat w/gunsmoke hoods, select-grade cork handle.
- It comes with 15-years transferrable warranty.
- It contains a little guide near to the reel
The thunder series of professional-grade catfishing rods from Team catfish is back and much better than ever. The team catfish rod has features that you need to land the big ones. This catfish rod comes with a two-piece design for comfortable transport in any vehicle or boat.
- These catfish rods contain all the incredible quality components and features you have come to wish from the Team catfish.
- This catfish rod med-heavy action 1 piece is great for lakes and rivers.
- It comes with incredible 1-piece construction for uncomplicated transport.
- Rod is designed out of E-Glass blanks for strength and durability. The Thunder Cat rod contains HI-VIS E glass white blanks “yellow under wraps and black overwraps.”
- It also comes with a stainless steel braced lines guide.
- ·Additionally, the perfect number of line guides fixed below the E-GLASS blank to handle any fish size.
- It’s a heavy-duty stainless steel band on the reel graphite-reinforced reel seat.
- It’s a long straight handle with a tapered end cap that will not affect graphics rod holders.
- Its handle grip is made of long anti-slip foam so you will not lose your fish or your rod. It also offers steel support rings on the shaft to aid in strength and to reinforce the rod.
- Besides, it contains a sensitive tip to help you see when your fish is lasting your bait.
Pros and Cons
- It has long EVS anti-slip foam POWER FOAM handles
- Had all the excellent quality components·
- It is great for lakes and rivers·
- Provides superior strength and durability·
- This rod has steel support rings on the shaft·
- Comes with a sensitive tip to assist you
- It seems a bit big
Eagle Claw Catclaw Casting Rod is known as a strong fiberglass rod that is also very sensitive. This rod also has eagle claw catclaw perfect action for lobbing big, heavy bait rigs.
- This catfish rod is tailor-designed for catching large size blues and flatheads.
- This rod allows us to make long accurate casts with 8′ medium-heavy rod.
- It also comes with a sturdy graphite reel seat.
- Moreover, this catfish rod has aluminum oxide guides and a comfortable EVA foam handle fill out.
- Its soft EVA foam handles are comfortable and give a firm grip.
- This catfish rod also comes in two pieces, which makes it pretty portable.
- This rod is designed to be used with 12 to 30 lb test line and lures that weigh between 1.5 and 2.5 Oz.
- It’s aluminum oxide guides provide a smooth glide.
- The aluminum oxide is used to make 6+1 guides. The guides were made to reduce wear
- and tear of lines and also enhances your casting distance.
- This eagle claw catclaw has high-quality E-Glass blanks for high durability.
- It comes at an affordable price.
Pros and Cons
- This eagle claw is 8 feet long and is eligible for landing even the largest of fish.
- It comes with fiberglass blank construction.
- This catfish rod also has seven aluminum steel guides to make reeling in fish easier.
- It maximizes accuracy, distance, and sensitivity.
- Available from ultra-light to heavy
- It comes at an affordable price
- This rod is an ocean-size rod, so it’s quite big and bulky.
The St. Croix will help you to take your catfish skill to the upper level. It is an incredible piece with unique features that will make the catfishing highly productive and fun.
- The St. Croix Mojo has a top-class appearance with a bright color that sets it aside from other mediocre rods. It’s manufacturers designed this model by blending SCII graphite with linear S-glass
- to develop a robust one that can stand up to breaking, wearing, cracking, and more.
- It is also characterized by ample lifting power, impressive strength, and convenient flexing of the tip.
- Its rings are made of aluminum oxide.
- This is a catfish rod you can enjoy fishing with all day without feeling tired because of its premium-grade cork handle.
- Its ergonomic handle gives a secure grip even when your hands are a wet or heavy load.
- The heel is placed firmly and securely in place by the Fuji ECS reel seats with black hoods.
- This rod comes in various lengths and power options, so you can choose what suits you.
- The St. Croix is not the cheapest item the market has to offer, but it is still worth sacrificing. Overall, it is a solid piece that delivers as advertised and will fulfill your requirements.
Pros and Cons
- This catfish rod is available in different length options and power
- Its manufacturers give five years of warranty
- It is coated with an attractive flex coat finish
- It comes with the premium-grade cork handle.
- Its ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip.
- Solid piece
- Price is according to your expectations
- little bit heavy
- A bit expensive
BnM Silver Cat Elite Catfish Rod is designed from S-glass composite material, which gives extreme strength and durability while catching giant catfish.
- The BnM Silver Cat catfish rod comes with a double locking reel seat with aircraft-grade aluminum, an excellent touch to the standard plastic seats.
- The color of this rod is quite bright, which makes it nice to see while night fishing.
- This catfish rod is made of aluminum oxide with ceramic insert guides mixed with 100℅ fiberglasses.
- Besides, its design solution makes it too for and very much robust.
- The promise of this item appeared recently and focused on creativity with new
- features and functions.
- It is also very lightweight and has a very responsive handle explicitly made for
- casting rods
- Its weight is up to 1 pound.
- The length of this rod is 7.5 feet.
- You can get it in silver and red colors.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with a medium action rod with a responsive tip
- Its nylon cord grip prevents slipping chances
- It will provide you best class graphite blank with a strong handle structure
- Comes in silver and red colors
- You need to adjust yourself to its length.