Before going to catch some pikes, prepare yourself with few best pike lures available in the market. Looking forward to tackling some good pikes in your fish box? If yes, then you have landed on the right article.
No matter, if you prefer spoons or soft plastic, there are a variety of lures that suits your fishing skills. Here, I have complied high-quality pike lures with all important information about them.
- Spinnerbait Fishing Lure For Musky And Pike From BOOYAH
- XR10 X-RAP Jerk Bait Fishing Lure From Rapala
- Original Yellow/Red ¾ Ounces Diamond From Daredevle
- ½ Ounces Lures Traps From Rat L-Trap
- Slow Sinking Hard Multi Swimbaits Lures From Lixada
- Silver Minnow Hard Bait Fishing Bait From Johnson
- Pencil Popper From Cotton Cordell
- Shadalicious Swimbait From Strike King
- Bionic Buck Tail Fishing Jig From Northland Tackle
- Musky Innovations Musky Pike Lure, Muskie Lures Swim Bait Bull Dawg From Magnum Swimmin’ Dawg
Before you read the full review of each of the products, take a look at the following information which will help you in making your decision.
QUICK GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
Below is a list of our favourite fishing gear that you check quickly if in hurry. Scroll down to read the rest of the article.
- Best Fishing Reel: Penn Squell Level
- Baits For Rainbow Trout: Berkley Power Bait
- Best Indore Fishing Rod: Royale Legend
- Best Ultralight Fishing Rod: KastKing Perigee II
- Best Spinning Reel Under 100: Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
- Best Walleye Trolling Lure: Original Floater Fishing Lure
- Best Pike Lure: Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala
- Best Fishing Kayak under 1000: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- Best Fishing Kayak under 300: Sun Dolphin Journey 10
- Best Fishing Wader: HODGMAN H3 STOCKING FOOT CHEST WADER
- Best Fishing Gloves: BERKLEY FISHING GLOVES
- Best Fishing Cooler: AO Coolers Sportsman Vinyl Soft Cooler
- Best Portable Fish Finder: Reel Sonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Sonar
- Best Inflatable Fishing Boat: Sea Eagle Green
- Best Fluorocarbon Line: KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line
Benefits Of Pike Fishing Lures
Have you ever used artificial lures? If yes, then you will be definitely aware of the benefits and effectiveness of using lures. Here, I have mentioned some important benefits of using high-quality lures. And you should keep these benefits in mind before purchasing any lure kit.
Pros Of Using Lures
- A high-quality lure will allow you to cast further and cover more distance as compared to living bait.
- No doubt, live baits create more mess during fishing. It is not easy to handle them, and the results are not sure. But with lures, you will not only catch the attention of fishes but also tempt them to catch the lure.
- Lures are attached with hooks, and it is impossible for a fish to gulp down a hook. That is why most of the anglers prefer to use lures because catching and releasing of pikes is easy.
- You can easily interchange lures
- Different lures are available in the market that allows you to target different fish species more precisely.
Hotspots Of Pike In The US
Here I have mentioned the top 5 spots of finding a pike in the US. Let’s have a look at them
- Lake Onalaska, Mississippi River
- Lake Mendota, Madison China, Washington
- Green Bay, WI
- Yukon River, Alaska
- Upper Red Lake, Minnesota DNR
FAQs about Best Pike Lures
1. What are the best pike lures?
You will get several designs and models of fishing lures in the market. To determine which would be the best pike fishing lure, you need to look at some of its features. Many different pike lures have different qualities, and you can discriminate them by size, color, and type. Best lures like Crankbaits and spinners work well to catch pikes by producing vibrations and sound in the water. In contrast, if you are fishing in shallow water, Spoons work great for northern pike fishing, as they are shiny and bright. In our experience, XR10 X-RAP Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala is one of the best pike lures.
2. What colors do pike see best?
Lures for pike fishing needs to be dark and bright in color. All the dark-colored pike fishing lures are the most visible lures to pikes in shallow and deep water. A dark and bright lure creates a silhouette that a pike can easily see. So, whenever you are looking for pike fishing lures, choose dark colors, mostly black, red, or orange. Northern pike responds to dark and bright colors due to high visibility.
3. What is the best way to catch pike?
Fishing for a big northern pike is not as easy as you might think. You will need pike fishing lures to catch the best northern pike along with some tips and tricks. Big and large pikes are aggressive eaters; you would need a larger live bait for a fish like a pike. A big lure will help in fishing for a big pike. Also, the lures for pike must be in high-visibility colors. Moreover, the time of the season and day, and the depth of the water also impact pike fishing.
4. What color lures are most effective?
The colors that are dark, bright, and natural are the most effective for lures. These lures create a realistic effect and are highly visible underwater to trap fishes. Any lure that can look real with natural colors and attracts fishes with a shiny body would be effective. Moreover, you should use brightly colored jerk baits for fishing in muddy water and subtle colored lure to fish in clear water.
10 Best Pike Lures Review
With the constant influx in the quality of pike lures, it is hard to find what is best and what is on the last. But here, I have mentioned the 5 best pike lures that will not only fit with your fishing style but also allow available in the market at an affordable price.
As I already mentioned that pikes have razor-like sharp teeth and they can destroy the spinnerbaits. But with this Spinnerbait fishing lure from BOOYAH, you don’t have to worry about it. With an ultra-tough Vibra-FLX wire is inserted in the framework of this spinnerbait that can endure with the powerful bites of the pikes and musky. This spinnerbait is attached with 12-inches stainless steel leader that will allow you to pull the pikes and musky against their will.
The body structure of this spinnerbait makes it easy for both trainee and experienced anglers to use it. For increasing the temptation in northern pikes, this spinnerbait is equipped with #3.5 and #4.5 blades and with tons of flash. Moreover, this product comes up with multiple strand silo-tech silicone strands that will gain the attention of pikes and tempt them to chase the lure.
- This BOOYAH spinner bait has ½ ounce average bait
- This spinnerbait is designed according to the harsh and fighting nature of freshwater monsters.
- Vibra-FLX wire in the body structure of this lure withstand with powerful teeth and jaws
- This product is already combined with 12-inches stainless steel leader
- Premium Ultra Mustad hooks firmly hold the pike
- Suitable for both beginner and experienced anglers
- Easy-to-use and available in the affordable price range
- It is equipped with #3.5 and #4.5 blades and lots of flashes
- For attracting pikes and musky, multi-strand silo-tech silicone strands are attached with the lure
- Sometimes it is hard to hold the lure in hand due to its compact size.
This Rapala X-Rap Jerk Bait features a stainless steel body with special wire construction. For achieving an aggressive slash bite action, you can easily manipulate the position of this jerk bait. With 2 powerful nickel treble hooks, this lure will endure all the torture of pikes and hold them in one place. With a robust internal long-casting system, the body of this X-Rap Rapala jerk bait has an aerodynamic body that allows you to cast more furthers in the water.
This XR10 model comes up with a diving lip that allows you to run a lure in the 4-6 feet depth of the water. With variant size options, this X-Rap Rapala jerk bait comes in several colors that tempt their prey to chase them. With an intern holographic foil, this Rapala lure has fine texture translucent body with a lifelike 3D holographic eye. The prominent scales and lateral lines on the body reflect light underwater and allow you to see your prey clearly. The flash foil teaser tail increases its sensitivity and allows you to feel even the slightest movement.
- With fine texture translucent body, it has special slash bait action
- The internal body structure has holographic foil
- It has lifelike 3D holographic eyes
- The body is made up with tank tested stainless steel material with wire construction
- An internal long-casting system is inserted in it
- Flash feather teaser tail enhance the sensitivity of the lure
- The product is hand-tuned and tested several times
- Has two powerful treble hooks
- It is a little bit expensive and difficult to handle by beginners
The classic design and body structure of this tallow/red original Diamond from Daredevle are suitable for hunting several fish species such as trout, salmon, pikes, walleye etc. With unique wiggling and wobbling action; this spoon can cast lures further in the water and cover more distance. The enhance movement, vibration and unique patterns of this spoon are irresistible for pikes.
The appearance of this product attracts northern pikes and tempts them to chase the lures. Lightweight and easy-to-handle, this Diamond spoon from Daredevle might be best for you if you are on the beginner level. With the single razor-like sharp treble hook, this variant is made up with stainless steel. Available in various sizes and colors, you can cast or troll this spoon according to your conditions and preferences.
- The body is made up with stainless steel
- It has unique wiggling and wobbling actions
- This spoon can hunt many fish species such as pikes, walleye, bass and many other hungry beasts
- It is available in several colors and designs
- The spoon can cast lures further and cover extra line in the water
- Patterns made this product sensitive and enhanced movement and vibration in the water
- Easy-to-handle and suitable for beginners
- Expensive as compared to similar products
- The hook easily gets rusted and breaks
- Not suitable for expert anglers
This lipless crankbait from Rat L-Trap has an ability to cover more water in just a matter of few seconds. From shallow to depth, these lure traps can be used to fish in a variety of conditions. This fishing lure might bring 100% results if you allow it to sink in the bottom and burn over the body back. Available in a variety of color combinations, the life-like lipless structure of the body entices your hunt and allows you to catch them.
This Rat L-Trap variant is suitable for catching various fish species such as bass, walleye, trout, and pikes. With various internal rattles, this product creates sounds and vibration in the water. Manufactured in the USA, this Rat L-Trap lures, weighs 1/2 oz and offer you a quick retrieve from upside down.
- It has a stainless steel body
- Treble razor-sharp hooks are included in the package
- Rat L-Trap is lipless crankbait and suitable for catching several fish species
- Suitable for both experts and beginners
- Also, available in various sizes and colors
- With 1/2 oz average weight, this lipless lure is easy-to-handle and lightweight
- Available in affordable price
- The hooks are made up with cheap material and easily get rusted
- The body structure cannot endure the pressure if it hit the ground
This hard crankbait fishing lure from Lixada comes up with 7 multi-segmented artificial joints that allow you to catch in giant fish species in the water. The 2 sharp treble hooks and s-motion system of this crankbait allow you to swim this lure at any speed. The bionic fish body with life-like swimming action and realistic 3D eyes provokes the pike and tempt them to bite the treble hook. This Lixada top-water fishing lure with 17Kg weight capability can easily pull any big fish. The bionic body of this fishing lure has strong fabric that captures fish and holds it in one place.
This Lixada fishing lure is constructed with ABS ‘material that is not only odor-free but also eco-friendly. With various simple functionality features, this product is easy-to-handle by both beginners and expert anglers. This top water fishing lure comes up with the wide application and allows you to multiple fish species such as walleye, pike, trout, salmon, bass etc.
- This heavy-duty fishing lure is manufactured in the USA
- Suitable for fishing in both freshwater and saltwater
- This Lixada fishing lure can hunt different fish species such as muskies, walleye, trout, pike, bass, roach etc.
- This fishing lure can pull up almost 17khg weight
- String fabric is attached to catch the fish
- Razor-like sharp treble hooks are included for capturing the pikes
- It has real lifelike body structure with 3D realistic eyes
- This bionic fishing lure has lifelike swimming action that is enough to provoke a fish
- Suitable for both trainee and expert anglers
- Available in a variety of colors and various attracting patterns
- It is expensive as compared to similar products, and it offers no striking action
The Silver Minnow Hard Fishing Bait From Johnson is one of the most versatile lures you can find. This lure is usable for saltwater and freshwater; it swivels, twirls, and pivots in both. Also, it’s brass blade helps in long casts. Moreover, it shines brighter than any brass or chrome fishing lures due to pure silver or24-carat gold plating. That helps in pike fishing as it wobbles through the water and flashes around.
Further, the heavy metal keeps it free from the weed and works excellently in massive vegetation. The design of the silver minnow is in such a way that it’s thick in the middle. It angles at 35 degrees, which helps rocking it back and forth when you will retrieve it, rather than twisting. This rocking motion traps the pike and tempts it to bite on the lure.
Moreover, the hand-soldered, treble hooks come with no twist eye. You can use silver minnow for northern pike fishing, and also fish bass, redfish, and trout. The dimensions of the package are 0.88 x 1.88 x 6 inches. Also, the natural-looking color pattern of white and red enhances its efficiency.
- The brass blade casts long
- It is silver or 24-k gold plated
- Usable for fishing in both freshwater and saltwater
- It angles at 35 degrees and is thicker in the middle
- Further, its white and red color pattern
- It does not snag in the weeds or massive plantation
- The material used is not high-quality, especially the hook
When you are aiming for a big northern pike lure, choose Pencil Popper From Cotton Cordell. It creates large surface disturbances to lure pike in its trap. Further, it comes with sizes ranging from 6 to 7 inches; this helps catch large fish. The tail of this pike lure has weight in it, which aids in casting distance and works efficiently.
Moreover, this lure has a robust and durable built. You can fish stripers, bass, and create lures for musky and redfish with this baitfish. Also, it works out “walk the dog” technique that attracts pike and other fishes. This walk the dog action makes it irresistible for predators like northern pike.
Further, the baby blue color is perfect for luring a fish underwater. It weighs more than 1 oz, and the dimensions are 9 x 1.9 x 1.1 inches. Also, the two anti-corrosive and durable hooks help in catching fishes of different sizes with fewer losses.
- It has a weighted tail for efficient performance
- Designed with a durable built
- Helps in catching big pike and other fishes
- This lure works like a versatile bait for fishes of different sizes
- It performs “walk the dog” action
- Two hooks are anti-corrosive and robust
- It jerks erratically rather than smoothly
For the best northern pike fishing, another lure option available is Shadalicious Swimbait From Strike King. Designed to lure big fish and catch more fishes, it has all the required features. Its soft plastic body can sink feet deep in water with real-life like effects. Also, the curly tail produces back and forth motion to lure northern pike fish in its trap.
Further, you can attach this pike lure to any open jighead, internal jighead, or weighted hooks. That way, you will be able to fish steadily and accurately and retrieve the lure slowly. The only attention you have to give is to match the hook size to many different sizes of bait.
Moreover, it weighs less than 1 oz, with dimensions 9 x 1.3 x 5.5 inches. This lure befits all the weather conditions and water types. Also, you can trap big pike fish, bass, or musky with this fish lure.
- It creates real-life like effects to trap big fish like pike, musky, and others
- The soft plastic body sinks feet deep and lures northern pike fishes
- You can attach it with any weighted hooks or open jighead
- It is suitable for every water type and weather condition
- It is a bit expensive than most northern pike fishing lures
- The quality of the material is not durable
Bionic Buck Tail Fishing Jig From Northland Tackle traps the pike by trailing along with the weeds and vegetation. It goes deep down in the water to target the northern pike, trophy fish, and musky lure. Moreover, the real like jighead and the hand-tied bucktail copies the same shape and size of preys of a northern pike. It breathes and produces pulsating movement the same as any alewife and cisco. Also, the outsized reflective eyes help in creating a strong illusion.
Due to a deadly stinger hook, your pike fishing can never go amiss. Moreover, its attachment with a steel ladder aids to lure the northern pike and does not let it go. The double tie-eye: one center tie-eye and forward eye-tie perform vertical jigging and distant casting, respectively.
Further, it weighs less than 1 oz, around 3/4 ounces. Also, you can find these lures for pike in different colors.
- It contains a lethal stinger hook, which does not let the pike go anywhere
- Imitates the breathing and pulsating movements
- Has hand-tied bucktail for a natural look
- Also, it consists of double tie-eye, for vertical jigging, casting, and trolling
- Comes in different colors to lure northern pike and muskie
- It is a bit expensive than most of the pike lures
Musky Innovations From Magnum Swimmin’ Dawg tops the list for pike and musky lures. It is also one of the vast and heavyweight pike lures with an 11-inch length and almost 7 ounces in weight. This swimbait lure calls like a siren to big predator fishes. Also, the paddled tail creates vibrations in the water and attracts the attention of pike and musky.
Moreover, the soft plastic body of this lure helps in swimming across the water. Equipped with two treble hooks, it head-hunts the fish successfully and strikingly. Also, you can pull it smoothly or reel it in evenly. These lures are available in different shapes, forms, and sizes. So, you can buy any bait that befits your choice. All of them will be realistic and practical lures.
Further, it gets extra durability due to an in-built flexible harness. You can keep it safe in a tackle box for the long-term. Also, the custom-made packet keeps the lure’s shape intact in the tackle box.
- A swimbait lure that attracts big pike and musky fishes
- Soft plastic body swims well in the water
- It creates a realistic effect
- Also, works effectively with different shapes and forms
- Flexible and durable built
- you can store it in a tackle box for long-term usage
- This lure is a bit heavier than most other similar pikes’ lures
Pikes are not so picky so, you have varieties of lure options to select. According to my fishing experience, here, I have selected one best fishing lure for pike from the above list.
XR10 X-RAP Jerk Bait Fishing Lure from Rapala is the best and all-rounder fishing lure for catching pikes for me. With its unique body structure, sharp treble hooks, holographic foil structure, lifelike 3D eyes, and translucent body structure, this Rapala fishing lure might be the best option for you. Moreover, this jerk bait pike fishing lure offers high-standard features in an affordable price range.
Moreover, northern pikes are real monsters. So, take extra precautionary measures for handling them. Moreover, do your complete research before purchasing your desirable fishing lure and makes sure it fits with your fishing skills.