Finding the best spinning rod to make your fishing fun is a very difficult task. The market is full of a variety of spinning rods that varies from price combination to functionality and features. Do you want to buy the best and versatile spinning rod?
Here I have gathered the 10 best spinning rods that can make fishing moments exciting. Let’s start by discussing some common benefits of spinning tackle.
- GX2 Spinning Rod from Shakespeare Ugly Stik
- Micro Spinning Rod from Shakespeare
- SHIMANO Spinning Rod
- Triumph Travel Spinning Rod from St Croix
- SAG703MHRS-TR G Boat Saltiga Spinning Rod from Daiwa
- SHIMANO Zodias Freshwater Spinning Rod
- Entsport E Series – Sirius Spinning Rod 2 Piece 7′ Graphite Portable Spinning Rod
- Daiwa BFSF802MRS Beefstick Surf Spin Rod
- G. Loomis Conquest CNQ 843C MBR Mag Bass Casting Rod
- KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rods
Before you read the full review of each of the products, take a look at the following information which will help you in making your decision.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Spinning Rods?
Over the past years, fishing gear companies have made various improvements and innovations in their equipment. But spinning gear still has the same importance in the fishing industry. As compared to baitcasting gear, spinning rods offer several advantages, especially for catching light fishes.
Pros And Benefits Of Best Spinning Rods for Fishing
- A spinning rod can throw lures and baits farther. Compared to other fishing gears, the power of distance in spinning rods and reels is hard to beat. From ¼ ounce of lures to weightless baits, spinning rods offer better lure control.
- In the fishing world, anglers are still using spinning rods to tackle drop-shooting, throwing light crankbait, and shaky heads.
- The spinning rod is the best option for novice fishers because it is easy-to-use and requires fewer functionality skills.
- With a spinning rod, the learning curve is less steep, making it easy for trainees to eliminate hang-ups and backlash.
- Spinning rods come up with wide guide-loops and allow maximum line flow. Due to the lightweight, the spinning rod eliminates the line friction and allows fishers to achieve longer casts.
- Spinning rods can be your best friend when you need to tackle a stump with a small hula hook. Spinning rods are idea fishing gear for tossing lures and baits from 25-feet away.
- With spinning rods, it is easy to skip cast into the cover. Spinning rods allow you to cast lures in the water with a twist of your wrist and yet cover maximum distance.
- Heavy wind is not an issue with spinning rods. If the lures are on the light side, then casting in the wind is much more efficient with spinning rods.
- Do you want to skip lures under low-hanging, such as piers, bushes, low limbs of trees, or docks? If yes, then the spinning rod is the ideal gear is perfect.
- Due to its lightweight and easy-to-use, spinning rods allow you to start skipping lures without any backlash and experience.
- In spinning rods, the handle is swappable on both the left and right sides. So, it does not matter if you are right-handed or left because you can adjust the rod according to your needs.
- Last but not least advantage of using a spinning rod is that you can easily adjust your drag while catching a fish. No matter, if the drag is front of your road or back of the rod, the spinning drags are easily accessible and give you complete range adjustment.
How To Choose The Best Product?
There are 5 crucial features that you should look before purchasing a fishing rod such as
Design: carefully read the SIC and reinforce lookup reel in the guide. Dig deep in the details of the construction of your desire spinning rod and make sure the length of the handle applies to your fishing style.
What is the best length for a spinning rod: there is simply one go decision for length. If you are using the low lures, then long spinning rods will cast it farther. Shorter spinning rods are controllable and bring accurate results. If you want to cast in wide-open waters, then it’s a thumbs-up for a long spinning rod.
Power: in spinning rods, the word “POWER” represents 4 modes, light, heavy, medium, and medium-heavy. The power describes the strength of spinning rods to lift the prey out of the water. For example, a heavier spinning rod is best to cast heavy lures and a higher strength line. Moreover, manufacturers have signed ultralight spinning rods for casting ultralight lures and low strength lines.
Composition: this fishing gear is made up of graphite, fiberglass, and composite material. Graphite spinning rods are ultralight, sensitive, and bend more. They are fragile as compared to fiberglass spinning tackle. Fiberglass is a robust material, and spinning rods made up of this material are heavy to carry. Composite spinning rods are the composition of fiberglass and graphite. The best choice is to go with sensitivity and sue graphite rods.
Action: spinning rod manufacturers describe the action in four words; fast, slow, medium, and moderate. This feature describes the bending ability of the tip of the spinning rod after placing the load. Slow action rods bend closer to the reel; fast-spinning rods bend closer to the tip, and medium will bend towards the medium of the reel. As compared to slow and spinning rods, medium action rods bends more, store more power in the rod and cast lure farther. These attributes of medium rods make them an excellent choice for throwing lighter lures.
10 Best Spinning Rods Review
Many reasons make spinning rods one of the most popular fishing equipment. The best spinning rod is versatile, easy-to-master, lightweight, and simple to cast. Spinning rods are best for both saltwater and freshwater fishing for bass, trout, salmon, walleye, perch, and many more.
Whether you are new in this field or a professional fisher, a top-quality spinning rod not only suits your fishing style but also helps you to target different species. Below, I have mentioned 5 best spinning rods that meet all of your fishing requirements.
- Reliable, sensitive and lightweight
- This spinning rod is the perfect combination of graphite and fiberglass
- 4’8 inches length offers one-piece construction
- Offers long-lasting oversized bail wire
- One-way clutch anti-reserve bearing instant
The GX2 Ugly Stik from Shakespeare is one of the best spinning rods that deliver amazing action and withstand lots of pressure. This product is flexible, sensitive, lightweight yet sturdy, long-lasting, and robust. Made up with composite material, this GX2 spinning rod is offering qualities of both graphite and fiberglass. With an appropriate detecting action, this particular spinning rod comes up in combination with a spinning reel.
Featuring an Eva grip handle, which is durable and light-weight, makes this spinning rod comfortable even for holding several hours. This 4’8 inches length spinning rod offers one-piece construction, which makes this product an appropriate kit for trainees. The longer length rod features a 2-piece design with extreme portability convenience. The clear tip design of this product delivers exceptional strength and responsiveness.
Don’t worry; the attached reel has high-quality. This long-lasting Ugly Stik offers a high-level of performance. With an anodised spool, this spinning rod also features an oversized bail wire. With an average 5:2:1 gear ratio, this variant has a one-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing and 3 ball bearings. The lightweight and hybrid sensitive composition of this fishing kit makes it perfect also for experienced anglers.
- The combination of the GX2 spinning rod and fishing reel is ideal for fishers of all skill levels.
- The composition of fiberglass and graphite material offers high sensitivity and durability.
- The light weight of this rod makes it easy to cast lure farther.
- Smooth reel cast retrieves fast and smoothly.
- The hybrid construction of the length offers multiple length options.
- Easy-to-use, flexible and offers high portability convenience
- The handle has firm Eva grip that is lightweight and comfy for lengthy fishing sessions.
- It covers 110yds of line.
- The grip of this rod has an easily adjustable hook.
- With an average capacity of 4lb, it has a mono cap and 4 bearings for smooth actions
- Delivers great value with a fantastic price
- As compared to other rods, the line of this variant wear-out quickly.
- Not suitable for beginners, because it requires a lot of practice to cast lure.
- Stainless steel guide with stainless steel inserts
- This product has various actions and length options
- This spinning rod is perfect for hunting small fishes with lighter lures and lines
- A high-quality fishing rod that is reliable for long hours of fishing
- If you are planning to light line and cast the lure to catch small fish species (such as trout, salmon, bream, and crappie) in the freshwater, this ultralight spinning rod might be best for you.
Made up of graphite composite material, this micro spinning rod is highly robust, durable, lightweight, sensitive, and responsive. It comes in various lengths, the fishing guide insects and lines are made up of stainless steel material. From ultralight to light, the power of the spinning rod depends on the fish you want to hunt, and the distance you want to cover.
Ultra-light to light power means, this spinning rod is best to catch small fishes in the fresh and open water. The shortest 4.6 spinning rod has one-piece construction that makes it perfect for casting 2/3 lines and 1/23 ounces of lures. For smooth line flow and reducing friction during fishing, this spinning rod has stainless steel inserts and guides. This micro spinning rod has a full-crock handle that ensures that you have a comfortable grip, even for long fishing sessions.
- This fishing equipment is suitable not only for beginners but also for experienced anglers.
- Made up with durable material, this micro spinning rod has a graphite composite
- From light to ultra-light actions, this spinning rod allows you to cast 1/23 ounces of lures.
- The package includes a stainless steel guide and inserts
- Easy-to-use, sensitive, lightweight and perfect for targeting small fishes in open water
- It has a full-cork handle for a comfortable grip
- This equipment has conventional spinning reel seat combine with suitable cushion hooks
- This well-balanced equipment comes up with a great value price
- A little expensive rod for beginners
- Cork of this micro spinning rod is not comfy as much as Eva foam
- Durable construction spinning rod and back up with the 1-year warranty
- This 2-pice fishing gear breaks down for easy packaging
- This Solora series is best for anglers who are new to fishing
- With this 2-piece Solora fishing rod, the SHIMANO is offering an affordable and fast action fishing gear. This 2-piece backup rod suits beginners and works well for avid anglers who are looking for durable construction.
With various high-quality features and functionality, this SHIMANO spinning rod is made up of aero glass. Considered as a thick, strong, and durable spinning rod, this equipment allows lines to flow smoothly between the guides of reinforcing aluminum. They securely fit reel on the solid graphite seat makes this spinning rod is perfect for anglers of all skill levels.
This 2-piece spinning rod from SHIMANO breaks down into 2 pieces for convenient portability. This is a stiff and fast action spinning rod and offer higher sensitivity and excellent line casting of lures. Rear grip handle and cork foe grip offer a comfy grip that makes this spinning rod best for long fishing sessions. With maximum 6pound 14 yards line capacity, this medium-power spinning rod is highly versatile. Comes up from 4 to 7 inches length option, you can select casting distances according to your requirements.
- The 2-piece spinning rod that covers 6 pounds and 14 yards distance of casting line
- Reinforce with robust and durable aero glass material
- With incredible sensitivity and ultra-light power, this rod features aluminum guide
- This Solora spinning rod series offers smooth line flow and quick retrieve.
- It has comfortable cork foe, and rear grip handles for long hours of fishing.
- Fast action and medium power spinning rod that is easy to reassemble
- With a variety of length options, this spinning rod is perfect for targeting small fishes in open water.
- Offering a great quality with a reasonable price tag
- Rear grip reel does not fulfil the expectations
- Less flexible and durable as compared to other medium spinning rods
- 5’6 inches length with ultra-light power option
- A 4-piece spinning rod with an average 2-6lbs of weight capacity
- 1 cork comfortable handle with lure covering 1/32 to 3yds and 16 ounces
This is a premium quality spinning rod from St Croix that is perfect for fishing in inshore and saltwater. The tough construction details of this variant make it perfect for holding the abuse of saltwater for a long period.
The high-quality construction of rod delivers long-lasting results. Made up with graphite composite, this fishing gear is not only flexible and durable but also features sensitivity and lightweight. Equipped with sturdy and extremely touch aluminum guide, this triumph travel spinning rod ensures the smooth line flows.
Comes up with high-quality Fuji reel seat, this product ensures reel will keep salt corrosion at bay. Finish with a tactile cork grip; the comfy handle makes it easy to cast lures and fight with aggressive fish. The rode has fast action, medium-light, and medium-heavy power modes. This St Croix spinning rod is highly versatile and comes in 2 different length options, 7’ and 7’6 inches. During casting, the balance weight and power of this spinning rod are perfect to the lures for inshore and saltwater fishes (such as trout, salmon, and redfish). Its sensitivity level is extremely high so that you can feel even the slightest bite during fishing.
- As compared to common fiber, mid-modulus graphite fiber is used in this rod.
- With a high strain rate, this product is sensitive, durable and comfy
- The perfect option for anglers who prefer high-performance with an affordable price range
- Premium-grade cork foe handle that ensures your comfortable grip on your fishing travel
- With frosted silver reel, feature with Fuji DPS reel seat
- With black frames, this spinning rod has a hard aluminum oxide guide
- A superb quality spinning rod with several combinations of
- 2-coats of flex-coat and slow cure finishing fishing rod
- With an affordable price range, the package also includes a secure travel case.
- It has reinforced reel tip with graphite material reel seat
- Lack of customization
- The spinning rod is difficult to handle by the beginners
- Comfortable and well-balanced
- 2-piece design with convenient portability
- Reliable, well-made and fast action
- Great casting with extreme sensitivity
If you are looking for a freshwater spinning rode, then this Saltiga spinning rod from Daiwa might be the perfect option for you. Suit with anglers of all skill levels; this 2-piece fishing rod is a great pol for traveling.
The IM-6 graphite-handle construction makes this fishing rod sensitive, lightweight, and stiff. Featured with stainless steel reel-hooded seat, this variant effectively controls line flow with hard aluminum oxide guides. Now enjoy fishing without fatigue and unbalancing with the natural split foam of this spinning rod. The several length options of this rod allow you to adjust the spinning rod according to your requirements. The easy assembly 2-piece construction of this rod offers high portability value.
This fishing rod can handle the wear and tear of freshwater with the exceptional length and medium power option. Equipped with fishing line and suitable fishing reel, this variant can cast lighter lure at a great distance. The combination of fast action tip and graphite construction makes this fishing rod highly sensitive that even the slightest bite will never go unnoticed. Don’t worry; with all exceptional features and functionality, this product comes up with an affordable price tag making it possible for you to polish your fishing skills.
- Get the most out of your fishing rod by combining it with a factory match spinning reel.
- 2-piece design construction allows you to breaks the product for convenient portability.
- Reassembling is not an issue with the comfortable and well-balanced construction of this spinning rod.
- A combination of graphite material and fast action tip make this fishing rod highly sensitive.
- Durable, flexible and lightweight
- The versatile fishing rod is perfect for hunting in fresh waters.
- With matching fishing reel, this rod can cast lighter lures at farther distances.
- The design of this spinning rod can endure the abuses of fishes.
- This variant comes in various length options, 6 inches, 6’6 inches, 7 inches, and 7’6 inches.
- This spinning rod is a bit heavier as compared to other variants of this list.
- The rod is only suitable for fishing in freshwater.
- The 2-piece break down of the rod might affect its integrity.
- Length: 6’8″
- Lure Rating: 1/16 – 1/14
- Line Rating: 4-8
- Power: Light
- Fuji reel seats and guides.
- Power: medium-light heavy
This is one of the best spinning rod available on the market. If you’re looking for the best quality spinning rod, then this one is a great choice for you.
The SHIMANO Zodias Spinning Rod is one of a kind that is beautifully crafted and is packed with top-tier features. And it performs exceedingly well regardless of the situation. The Zodias line comes in 8 different power/length combinations depending on your requirements. All of them have fast action, which makes this a very sensible rod and the best spinning rod.
The SHIMANO Zodias spinning rod has a tailor-made graphite blank. This helps in lowering the weight of the rod while keeping it strong and flexible. The fishing line sits on Fuji Alconite guides that lower the friction allowing you to cast farther and accurately. All SHIMANO Zodias come with EVA foam handles, which makes them pretty comfortable even after prolonged usage.
- Built quality is best.
- Corrosive-resistant materials used in the construction.
- Great casting and accuracy.
- Strong and durable.
- Flexible and sensitive.
- Beautiful craftsmanship.
- Not budget-friendly.
- Transportation is difficult due to its length.
- Not the best rod for beginners.
- Engineered for sensitivity
- Stainless steel hood
- Equipped with multipurpose hook holder
- High-density EVA handles reduce weight and increase comfort
- Stainless steel guides and inserts resist corrosion
There are many best fishing rods available in the market, and Entsport E Series spinning rod is among them. Different fishing rods come with different features, but this spinning rod is a great choice for you. Engineered for sensitivity, based on high-tensile strength carbon blanks, increases strength while reducing weight.
Entsport fishing rod is equipped with a multipurpose hook holder, which is an effective hook keeper. High-density EVA handles reduce weight and increase comfort, which provides greater sensitivity and durability. This is actually seven feet spinning rod, and it is a medium action rod. It’s also a two-piece rod, and it belongs to the light side. It has been rated with an 8 to 20 pounds test line; this means it’s capable of dealing with bigger fish. In a nutshell, this is one of the best fishing rods on our review list.
- It’s a two-piece rod, so it offers easy storage and traveling.
- It has guide frames that are made of stainless steel to ensure durability
- It comes with an improved reel seat along with stainless steel hold that securely keeps the reel on its place properly.
- It comes with a high-density EVA handles to increase comfort.
- The rod’s guides feel a bit flimsy.
- Features super-strong tubular fiberglass blank
- Quality, stainless-hooded composite reel seats
- Heavy-framed, cut-proof Ceramic guides
- Comes with a non-slip EVA grip
- Offers rubber butt cap
- Heavy-framed, cut-proof ceramic guides.
The Daiwa Beefstick spinning rod is a medium action rod that countless anglers rely on. The blank of the Beefstick is comprised of carbon fiberglass, which offers serious strength and power. Fitting for a rod called the Beefstick. Both new and avid anglers can work lures with supreme ease while using the Beefstick.
The Daiwa Beefstick fishing gear comes with a stainless-hooded composite reel seat. It features a non-slip EVA grip and rubber but a cap. If you’re looking for an ultra-lightweight surf fish tool built with high-quality materials catching different fish in fresh or saltwater, Daiwa Beefstick will meet your expectations and requirements.
The Daiwa Beefstick fish rod has the option of casting, spinning, plus boat rod actions. It is pocket-friendly, making it great for those with a low budget. So make sure before buying the best spin rods.
- Features smooth casting
- Offers great flexibility
- Comes with a rubber handle for durability
- Tubular fiberglass for sensitivity
- A bit heavy
- Real seat issues occur sometimes.
- Featuring Mag Bass fast action tapers
- Featuring Shimano’s Spiral-X Technology
- Spiral-X Technology prevents blank twist from increasing casting distance
- Rod strength is increased for the needed leverage to provide better hook sets
This is one of the best medium action rod available on the market. Comes with numerous features and an ideal choice for you. It comes with the G. Loomis’ original ‘Mag Bass’ fast action tapers. The best part is that it features Shimano’s Spiral-X Technology, the Conquest rod, which is a joint G. Loomis/Shimano development, takes bass fishing to the next level.
Gary Loomis Conquest Mag Bass Casting rod’s Spiral-X Technology prevents blank twist from increasing casting distance and increasing accuracy; rod strength is increased for the needed leverage to provide better hook sets and fish-fighting power. It is the most technologically advanced bass rods available.
Available in lengths ranging from 6.5 to 7.5 feet in length, you can opt for medium, medium-heavy, and extra-heavy powers. However, all of the models’ available feature fast action, which works well for most common bass-fishing techniques. No matter whether you prefer fishing with 1/4-ounce lures or 1 ¼-ounce lure, there’s a Conquest Mag model to suit your needs and requirements.
Because of Spiral-X Technology rod blanks, with through-handle technology, these rods are simultaneously sensitive and durable, and they’ll help elevate your fishing to entirely new levels. In addition to the high-quality blank used as the rod’s foundation, the Gary Loomis Conquest Mag also comes with some best quality components, including Fuji Torzite guides and full cork grip.
- Available in different length
- Comes with a Spiral-X Technology
- Increased Rod Strength
- Best quality components used in the construction
- Most technologically advanced rod
- A bit heavy
- Not budget-friendly
- Soloscopic Performance Technology
- Superior Quality
- Quick Assembly
- One-piece performance in a six-piece telescopic design
- Multiple floating guides improve line performance
- Consistent and smooth taper eliminates flat & dead spots in the blank
- Snug-Fit ferrules delivery full-length power transition
- KastFlex Technology with Toray 24-Ton Carbon Matrix blank delivers sensitivity and performance
KastKing KastFlex Toray 24-Ton Carbon Matrix blank and solid glass tip section offers durability, sensitivity, and performance. It comes with a one-piece performance in six-piece telescopic rod design. Multiple floating line guides improve casting performance, deliver a consistent and smooth taper, and eliminate flat or dead spots in the blank. Snug-Fit ferrules provide full-length power transition and allow these rods to perform and feel like a one-piece rod.
The KastKing BlackHawk II travel fishing rod comes in 14 different lengths and actions in travel spinning rod and casting rod models. You’ll find the perfect spinning rod for almost any fresh or saltwater fishing situation, whether your trout fishing, bass fishing, kayak fishing, or even as an inshore fishing rod for saltwater fishing from the bank or boat. KastKing travel rods come with an amazing design and perfect balance.
The KastKing BlackHawk II is very convenient in traveling. They save valuable fishing time because you can leave the reel on the rod, line through the guides, and fully rigged. Simply open the bail with a line through the guides and hook attached, extend the rod to its working length, and you’ll be fishing again in seconds without re-rigging. Telescopic rods are portable, convenient, and easy-to-carry. Travel anywhere with your Blackhawk II travel rod.
High-quality components, including stainless steel line guides, graphite reel seats, and comfortable EVA handles, are used in the construction of the new and improved KastKing BlackHawk II telescopic rods. The entire series of spinning rods and casting fishing rods makes a great travel fishing pole or back-up telescopic fishing pole.
The KastKing BlackHawk II offers quick and easy assembling. This feature is very advantageous for beginners who have no idea of assembling a spinning rod. Simply extend the tip section until it stops, align the guides to the tip-top guide, and repeat with all sections. To collapse the telescopic fishing rod to its travel rod length, start at the bottom of the rod and collapse each section with a simple twist as you work your way to the tip of the fishing rod.
- Offers quick and easy assembling
- High-quality components are used in its construction
- Comfortable EVA handles
- Easy to use for beginners
- Save valuable time
- Portable, Convenient, and easy to carry
- Extended rod
- Available in different lengths
- Amazing design and perfect balance
- Provide a full-length power transition
- Deliver a smooth and consistent taper
- No lifetime or year warranty is provided
- A bit heavy
Using a spinning rod is the most preferred fishing gear by anglers that try to target trout, salmon, pike, walleye, bream, pike, bass, and many other fish species.
According to my experience and research, GX2 Spinning Rod from Shakespeare Ugly Stik is the number 1 pick on this list. GX2 spinning rod is strong, reliable, and durable and feels comfortable in your hand. The lightweight and high sensitivity of this spinning rod not only cast smoothly but also retrieve fast. This spinning rod offers you the best combination of power, action, construction, and composition for any fishing style, pursuing different casting lines and lures that you use. This travel-friendly spinning rod is easier to transport with its 2-piece breakable feature.
After selecting a right spinning pol, all you have to do is to combine it with a similar spinning reel. With casting lures, selecting the fishing line, and targeting any specific fish species, you are all ready to hit the water surface.
I am hopeful that this brief article on the 5 best spinning rods. Carefully go through from all the above-mention products and select one that fulfills your fishing requirements.